Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

flashing or charging with a 3rd party cable not possible ?

Tip us?
 
pujdo1
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 173
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default flashing or charging with a 3rd party cable not possible ?

have anyone noticed, that rsd lite won't recognize the droid maxx if you plug it in the computer with a differentusb cable than the one from motorola ?
or that if you charge the phone with a 3rd party usb cable, that the battery stats are not resetting ? in my example the phone didnt show the battery stats properly and even if the phone is being charged, in the stats it always said on battery.

sorry for my bad english.
 
doogald
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 1,309
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pujdo1 View Post
have anyone noticed, that rsd lite won't recognize the droid maxx if you plug it in the computer with a differentusb cable than the one from motorola ?
or that if you charge the phone with a 3rd party usb cable, that the battery stats are not resetting ? in my example the phone didnt show the battery stats properly and even if the phone is being charged, in the stats it always said on battery.

sorry for my bad english.
I haven't tried using RSD Lite with my Maxx (and hopefully will never need to), but I charge with non-Motorola cables frequently, with no difference from the Motorola cable.

By the way, your English was very, very good.
 
akellar
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,780
Posts: 2,666
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by pujdo1 View Post
have anyone noticed, that rsd lite won't recognize the droid maxx if you plug it in the computer with a differentusb cable than the one from motorola ?
or that if you charge the phone with a 3rd party usb cable, that the battery stats are not resetting ? in my example the phone didnt show the battery stats properly and even if the phone is being charged, in the stats it always said on battery.

sorry for my bad english.
Not uncommon for some 3rd party cables not to work well with bootloader/download mode. Happens on other OEMs as well.
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
 
pujdo1
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 173
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
I haven't tried using RSD Lite with my Maxx (and hopefully will never need to), but I charge with non-Motorola cables frequently, with no difference from the Motorola cable.

By the way, your English was very, very good.
can you look at your battery settings ? because if i am using a different cable than motos original one, the battery stats shows like the phone was never charged. so i have 6 or 7 days on battery.
 
doogald
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 1,309
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pujdo1 View Post
can you look at your battery settings ? because if i am using a different cable than motos original one, the battery stats shows like the phone was never charged. so i have 6 or 7 days on battery.
Yes, my battery stats reset with every full charge. I generally plug in every night and disconnect from power when I wake up in the morning (never to a computer, though - always to the Moto charger). The cable I most use is an Amazon Kindle charge cable.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes