flashing or charging with a 3rd party cable not possible ?

OP pujdo1

18th April 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

178 posts
have anyone noticed, that rsd lite won't recognize the droid maxx if you plug it in the computer with a differentusb cable than the one from motorola ?
or that if you charge the phone with a 3rd party usb cable, that the battery stats are not resetting ? in my example the phone didnt show the battery stats properly and even if the phone is being charged, in the stats it always said on battery.

sorry for my bad english.
18th April 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 317

1,317 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pujdo1

have anyone noticed, that rsd lite won't recognize the droid maxx if you plug it in the computer with a differentusb cable than the one from motorola ?
or that if you charge the phone with a 3rd party usb cable, that the battery stats are not resetting ? in my example the phone didnt show the battery stats properly and even if the phone is being charged, in the stats it always said on battery.

I haven't tried using RSD Lite with my Maxx (and hopefully will never need to), but I charge with non-Motorola cables frequently, with no difference from the Motorola cable.

By the way, your English was very, very good.
18th April 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #3  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,821

2,749 posts
More
Quote:

Not uncommon for some 3rd party cables not to work well with bootloader/download mode. Happens on other OEMs as well.
18th April 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald

I haven't tried using RSD Lite with my Maxx (and hopefully will never need to), but I charge with non-Motorola cables frequently, with no difference from the Motorola cable.

By the way, your English was very, very good.

can you look at your battery settings ? because if i am using a different cable than motos original one, the battery stats shows like the phone was never charged. so i have 6 or 7 days on battery.
18th April 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 317

1,317 posts
Quote:

can you look at your battery settings ? because if i am using a different cable than motos original one, the battery stats shows like the phone was never charged. so i have 6 or 7 days on battery.

Yes, my battery stats reset with every full charge. I generally plug in every night and disconnect from power when I wake up in the morning (never to a computer, though - always to the Moto charger). The cable I most use is an Amazon Kindle charge cable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread