16th April 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #11  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,723

7,738 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can flash Any of these roms via Custom Recovery TWRP and you will do fine.

Do note, some people have mentioned that with a 4.2.x or 4.1.x Roms, sometimes their IMEI goes missing. So take a Nandroid and EFS Backup before hand.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

You can flash Any of these roms via Custom Recovery TWRP and you will do fine.

Do note, some people have mentioned that with a 4.2.x or 4.1.x Roms, sometimes their IMEI goes missing. So take a Nandroid and EFS Backup before hand.

alright i made a nandroid backup of my whole stock rom. so now i downloaded the resurrection remix rom and im about to flash it.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. COUDLNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT IT=.)
16th April 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfine16

alright i made a nandroid backup of my whole stock rom. so now i downloaded the resurrection remix rom and im about to flash it.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. COUDLNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT IT=.)

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just dont know how to remove these soft keys i dont like them NVM GOT IT
Last edited by androidfine16; 16th April 2014 at 09:44 PM.
16th April 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Perseus mentioned the nv (efs) backup before. Easiest way to protect yourself is open a terminal emulator and enter this.

su
reboot nvbackup

Device will reboot and create an internal, hidden backup of your nv data. I highly suggest doing this.
17th April 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Perseus mentioned the nv (efs) backup before. Easiest way to protect yourself is open a terminal emulator and enter this.

su
reboot nvbackup

Device will reboot and create an internal, hidden backup of your nv data. I highly suggest doing this.

I backed it up in .IMG format.
17th April 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

How did you do that??

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

If you mean you made a nandroid backup, that is completely different and does not include any of the NV data. The backup I mentioned is intended to protect you from ever losing your imei in the first place.
17th April 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member

142 posts
Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...c-efs-t1689623

I used this method.
17th April 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok , first, never use anything you find in the international models forum for any US model. They are very, very different devices. If you made an image from mmcblk0p3 as stated in that thread, you actually made a copy of sbl2 I'm pretty sure.
Also, the imei, (the important thing here) is not actually stored on the efs partition as it is in some other devices.
Run the command I posted before for the best solution. If NV corruption is ever detected, it should auto restore from this backup during boot up.

And again, stay away from the international forums. Most of the info there will not apply to our devices here and many, many people have bricked due to that mistake.
And delete the backup you made. If you were to try and restore it to your device after updating it at some point, it would most likely cause a brick.
17th April 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member

142 posts
OK thanks I'll get on that . I flashed a remix ROM and everything seems good right now. I'll try to back it up today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG NOTE III using xda app-developers app
18th April 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #20  

47 posts
Kit Kat
Quote:

I dont care for warranty or counter trip than. So i guess my final question is can i flash any roms including 4.2 and kitkat and above without bricking my phone?

Read up on Kit Kat, you might not want to upgrade. You will lose write access to the SDCard. There are ways to then fix it, but you could lose function in some of your apps. Samsung finally adopted the Android specs for write access.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread