Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Official rom

15th April 2014, 10:59 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 3
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Does anyone have the official rom of this tablet? Thank you in advance

Sent from my SGP511 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
18th April 2014, 02:21 PM |#2  
Alcarullo's Avatar
Member
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 6
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinjustin234

Does anyone have the official rom of this tablet? Thank you in advance

Sent from my SGP511 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I hope that in few time we have rom rooted and zipaligned, because I need rom
18th April 2014, 03:49 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 211
 
799 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
1) You can already root the device. Works flawlessly.
So you can customize it to your liking, especially with Xposed modules.

Zipaligning is unnecessary.

The stock ROM runs very good. There is no need to flash a custom ROM.
18th April 2014, 04:44 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
678 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966

1) You can already root the device. Works flawlessly.
So you can customize it to your liking, especially with Xposed modules.

Zipaligning is unnecessary.

The stock ROM runs very good. There is no need to flash a custom ROM.

Your comment about the need for a custom ROM is highly subjective. I would personally love to see omnirom or cm11 on my z2 tab.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th April 2014, 04:57 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 211
 
799 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon612

Your comment about the need for a custom ROM is highly subjective. I would personally love to see omnirom or cm11 on my z2 tab.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No. I'm more objective, you're subjective.

Or tell me what is your reason why you want another ROM. Which functionality do you miss with stock?

And please tell me what you want the zipaligning for.
18th April 2014, 06:25 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
678 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966

No. I'm more objective, you're subjective.

Or tell me what is your reason why you want another ROM. Which functionality do you miss with stock?

And please tell me what you want the zipaligning for.


The last 5 androids I've had have all run cyanogenmod.

1)Uniformity and familiarity between devices
2)Native tether
3)Customizable pull down menus
4)Customizable sound profiles
5)General de-bloat

These are some of the things off the top of my head though i'm sure there are more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes