FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Is it possible for ROOT??? 4.4.2 Kitkat .757

1,100 posts
Thanks Meter: 329
 
By JustPlayingHard, Senior Member on 18th April 2014, 06:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello All. I have got a question to ask that is Can i root my Z1 on V. 4.2.2 .757 as i can not unlock my bootloader

Is there a way to do a root? or impossible please help and also is it possible to restore stock so i can send back if i got any problems with the device?


Thanks

JPH
 
 
18th April 2014, 06:23 PM |#2  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,231
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlayingHard

Hello All. I have got a question to ask that is Can i root my Z1 on V. 4.2.2 .757

This makes no sense, you should mean 4.4.2 on FTF ending in 757
Quote:

as i can not unlock my bootloader
Is there a way to do a root? or impossible please help and also is it possible to restore stock so i can send back if i got any problems with the device?
Thanks
JPH

1) Flash a FTF ending in 534 (Find files and instructions in the mega collection thread in the general section)
2) Instal Dual Recovery (Find files and instructions in the dual recovery thread in the cross device development section)
3) Flash a pre rooted 757 rom (Find files and instructions in the "Update to 757" thread in the development section)


That's 4 times today I have written that, so I am batting at average today....
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 06:28 PM |#3  
JustPlayingHard's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 329
 
More
Thanks for the help. So all I need to do to get warranty back is to flash stock no root or recovery?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
18th April 2014, 06:35 PM |#4  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,231
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlayingHard

Thanks for the help. So all I need to do to get warranty back is to flash stock no root or recovery?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

There is no such thing as a stock recovery on sony phones

You will just need to flash a FTF file, but you do not lose warrenty by rooting
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 06:40 PM |#5  
JustPlayingHard's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 329
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

There is no such thing as a stock recovery on sony phones

You will just need to flash a FTF file, but you do not lose warrenty by rooting

Ah Thanks Gregbradley. Much appricated. I check the Mega Collections and i just download one file and flash that?? then install DualRecovery then flash 757 prerooted
18th April 2014, 06:41 PM |#6  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,231
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlayingHard

Ah Thanks Gregbradley. Much appricated. I check the Mega Collections and i just download one file and flash that?? then install DualRecovery then flash 757 prerooted

That's what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

1) Flash a FTF ending in 534 (Find files and instructions in the mega collection thread in the general section)
2) Instal Dual Recovery (Find files and instructions in the dual recovery thread in the cross device development section)
3) Flash a pre rooted 757 rom (Find files and instructions in the "Update to 757" thread in the development section)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes