Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Telus version of the s5 and custom roms

Tip us?

Ffinger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question [Q] Telus version of the s5 and custom roms

Hello all

I recently upgraded from a sg2x I had it rooted and only had lbe privacy guard installed to manage pesky permissions and a few apps to trim the bloat ware.

My problem is that the s5 while it is s great phone has so much crap on it I literally have no idea where to start with trimming the fat. Just wondering if there are any ROMS availablethat do most of that for you? Pretty new to the whole scan and just thought I would ask. I would also be very interested to know if lbe privacy gaurd is still a viable permission limiting app. Sorry if I missed the answers in the forums somewhere but I have been having a hard time finding info specific to the Telus model of the S5 (SM-G900W8)

I have had the phone for one day and have had enough apps download on there own with very questionable permissions it has made me want to go back to the S2x and not bother with an upgrade. More insidious software on these things that enough. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ffinger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I should also add that I have found the rooting guide but haven't done so yet as I am afraid of getting to crazy deleting bloat. I never used a rom just ran stock s2x and never updated it. Am curious to try something new in the form of a custom rom. I don't really use the phone for anything but music email and banking. Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using xda app-developers app

pterry30
Old
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Hi, some galaxy s 5 g900f custom roms will work on the Telus galaxy s 5. I have the omega rom on my Telus phone. Uses the same recovery as well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium HD app
HTC ONE M8,- Telus, Samsung Galaxy Note 3- N900W8- Telus HTC One Google Edition=4.4.2,

Ffinger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Right on thanks for the help. Did you find it got rid of most of the unwanted stuff? Much change in interface or anything?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using xda app-developers app