Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PLEASE Help!!!!

Tip us?

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Camera PLEASE Help!!!!

I am currently running CyanogenMod 11 (M3) for t-mobile. I really need help fixing my camera. I was having problems with my camera earlier but now it is constantly force closing. Just recently the camera updated to Google camera and I was hoping the force would not occur any more, but now it's even worse. If any ideas how to fix PLEASE tell me because I have many needs for the camera. This how the problem occurs: I try to take a picture and it will take it then it will freeze and I have to kill the app. Then I try to restart the app but I get an "Camera error: cannot connect to the camera." The problem was really bad after I flashed the ROM so I deleted that camera and flashed a "better" one. I try to use the other features of this updated Google camera but none of them work such as: lens blur, panorama or photo sphere . I would really love having these features working or even taking regular pictures without any force closes. I have to use the camera everyday so please help as soon as possible. Please anyone help me solve this problem!!!! (Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999)

Thanks for the help in advance!!!!

someonenewhere
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Go back to stock..
XDA The Home for those that don't want to be tied up to their slow smart-phone OS's!

Bass_Man25
Old
Thanks Meter 147

DONATE TO ME
I tried the new Google camera on C-ROM and had the same problem. Like the previous poster said, go back to CM stock camera.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S III d2tmo - SGH-T999
ROM: CyangoenMod 11 Latest Nightly
Kernel: Stock (For Now)
Modem: UVUENC2
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 Multiboot

Retired Device: HTC Glacier (myTouch4G)

GenericAsianGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 49
If you really want to stick with CM 11, maybe try flashing Ktoonsez's kernel. I've been having this camera issue (that's only temporarily fixed if I reboot) for a while, but yesterday I flashed KT747 and it's been working since (knock on wood).
You got B? You not Bsian, you Asian!