OP robbie_kidd1

18th April 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry to be a noob to this all.. and I know this is most likely the wrong place to post this thread (this forum is huge btw)

Can someone help me.. Complete noob here, I just got myself the new GS5 and have made the switch from Apple to Android now, I only have a macbook pro and have no idea how I can root my galaxy s5 with the macbook? Can anyone help?

I am an Australian user.. who has the latest SGS 5, SM-G900I that is locked to Optus (network).
I have the latest macbook pro late 2013 edition with os x mavericks on it.

I've worked out some basics.. like I have Samsung Kies now working on the mac to do file transfer etc..
I have the developers option menu open on my GS device with USB debugging ticked..
But that's as much as I can do.. I don't know how or what program to use on my mac to perform the rooting and or what kind of rooting I need to do??
I'm not to good with terminal? or inputting commands into terminal.. complete noob with that

Can someone here.. please, please help me out and point me in the right direction.. I've looked all over google.. most info I have found though is for the GS4 or older version of android etc.
And like I said earlier.. I am overwhelmed by this forum site as it is huge and I don't know where to begin to look?
Last edited by robbie_kidd1; 18th April 2014 at 01:26 PM.
18th April 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would also like to know.. I've seen screenshots of in videos of where people have 4 + apps in their "app draw" including an internet browser..
Mine has come pre loaded with only 3 main apps in the "app draw".. these are, phone, contacts & messages + the apps button.

How can I edit/ add or remove apps in and out of that bottom app draw area, I am yet to find that option anywhere on this phone??
18th April 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 48

108 posts
More
Hey mate, have a look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1420905

Sent from my SM-G900I
Last edited by XdividerX; 18th April 2014 at 09:27 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread