Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone keeps shutting off by itself

OP johnael7

18th April 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
The model of my phone is SGH-T999. It is not rooted (I'm going to root it soon though), its running Android 4.3 and I do admit I've dropped it a few times but it has a cover. It shuts off at the most random moment and restarts itself, and sometimes it won't go past the Galaxy SIII logo before restarting itself once more. Theres a possibility the lock button has something to do because when it stays in that startup loop I play around with the lock button till it finally finishes the startup succesfully, but I don't know how the lock button can make it shut down on its own while its turned on without me touching the "power off" option in the window that comes up.
18th April 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,717

7,724 posts
Donate to Me
More
Let's assume for a minute that the Power Button is not the culprit of the reboot. Its certainly possible that the button causes reboots during Boot. Several people have discovered, this button can get stuck.

So given that, let examine your Reboot. You may have to try a factory reset to see if that helps. Typically if there are a lot of background apps running, the phone may get warm and reboot.

Speaking of temperature, you may want to use some Battery Temp monitor like TempMonitor. Stock firmware tends to have low tolerance for temperature and may force Reboot.
18th April 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Holdin the power button will force a hard reset btw. So if itz sticking that'll do it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread