Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 35,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone keeps shutting off by itself

Tip us?

johnael7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone keeps shutting off by itself

The model of my phone is SGH-T999. It is not rooted (I'm going to root it soon though), its running Android 4.3 and I do admit I've dropped it a few times but it has a cover. It shuts off at the most random moment and restarts itself, and sometimes it won't go past the Galaxy SIII logo before restarting itself once more. Theres a possibility the lock button has something to do because when it stays in that startup loop I play around with the lock button till it finally finishes the startup succesfully, but I don't know how the lock button can make it shut down on its own while its turned on without me touching the "power off" option in the window that comes up.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,712

DONATE TO ME
Let's assume for a minute that the Power Button is not the culprit of the reboot. Its certainly possible that the button causes reboots during Boot. Several people have discovered, this button can get stuck.

So given that, let examine your Reboot. You may have to try a factory reset to see if that helps. Typically if there are a lot of background apps running, the phone may get warm and reboot.

Speaking of temperature, you may want to use some Battery Temp monitor like TempMonitor. Stock firmware tends to have low tolerance for temperature and may force Reboot.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,549

DONATE TO ME
Holdin the power button will force a hard reset btw. So if itz sticking that'll do it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk