Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,006 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to Factory Reset

Tip us?

readam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unable to Factory Reset

I have been using the new Alliance Rom 25 and really like it.I recently went to factory reset wipe and got this error message in TWRP.
error reading 'data/data/tunein.player files
error:too many files
I had the app Tune In Radio installed previously. I restored with a backup of Alliance 25 and was unable to delete Tune in files with Root explorer using the data/data location.I assume TWRP is not wiping everything because I have some of my previous Agni control settings. I installed the newest version of TWRP 2.7 but with it I was unable to factory reset and went back to the previous version. Thanks for your help. I have done numerous searchs and not able to come with a solution. Thank you

falkon114
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by readam View Post
I have been using the new Alliance Rom 25 and really like it.I recently went to factory reset wipe and got this error message in TWRP.
error reading 'data/data/tunein.player files
error:too many files
I had the app Tune In Radio installed previously. I restored with a backup of Alliance 25 and was unable to delete Tune in files with Root explorer using the data/data location.I assume TWRP is not wiping everything because I have some of my previous Agni control settings. I installed the newest version of TWRP 2.7 but with it I was unable to factory reset and went back to the previous version. Thanks for your help. I have done numerous searchs and not able to come with a solution. Thank you
Have you tried again? I saw an error like that... I was like shiiiit. I tried again and it went. Beyond that... *shrug*
The Following User Says Thank You to falkon114 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

readam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkon114 View Post
Have you tried again? I saw an error like that... I was like shiiiit. I tried again and it went. Beyond that... *shrug*
I have been playing with this phone most of the morning. I have tried to reset it numerous times with same result.I also get an error message from the play store when downloading purchased apps but used Root Explorer to delete the old version. Thanks for the sympathy