Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,656 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Infuse Kernal

Tip us?

pysklona
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Infuse Kernal

Hello

I own a Samsung Infuse 4g and I am trying to update my kernel. I looked at a couple of threads and couldn't exactly find anything. My Kernel version is 2.6.35.7--I997UCLB-CL977492-g61faf9a-dirty. is there a way to update it?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pysklona View Post
Hello

I own a Samsung Infuse 4g and I am trying to update my kernel. I looked at a couple of threads and couldn't exactly find anything. My Kernel version is 2.6.35.7--I997UCLB-CL977492-g61faf9a-dirty. is there a way to update it?
Depends on what you mean by update...

There are custom kernels built on top of that version that can give you possibilities (could also do the opposite depending on the situation and phone) for better performance, battery life, blinking light notifications, and the like, but as far as the actual kernel version itself, that is the last official Samsung one.

Now, there are tons of newer kernel versions than that for your phone, but they would require you to install a custom recovery and a custom version of Android, such as CyanogenMod. This varies vastly from the stock Samsung Touchwiz software that is on there now. Many people find the update to a custom version an upgrade, but it can cause things to work differently or not at all, depending on what it is, as well as enable many more great things and getting to enjoy the newer versions of Android.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)