Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Looking for app to keep other apps from being killed

OP LifeAsADroid

18th April 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #1  
LifeAsADroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Awesomeville, USA
Thanks Meter: 175
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Hi All,

Most people are looking for apps to kill other apps when they are running - I'm actually looking for the opposite. Phone keeps killing apps to free up some RAM here and there, and some of the apps to not restart themselves. Are there any good apps out there that can be used to monitor specific apps and restart them if they are killed by the system?

Thanks!
18th April 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
298 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
What ROM are you running? You can try an app called AutoMemoryManager and play around with the values there. See which apps fall into which categories and go from there. I have this same problem with my music sometimes. This seemed to help. It's not exactly what youre looking for, but the app is supposed to prevent apps from being killed as quickly.

Link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.automemman
18th April 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #3  
DorianX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zapopan, Jalisco
Thanks Meter: 349
 
583 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Did you tried V6 Supercharger by Zeppelinrox? (Is not an app is a huge script that contain another scripts inside "bulletproof" is what you need).

Enviado desde mi HTC Explorer A310e mediante Tapatalk
18th April 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #4  
LifeAsADroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Awesomeville, USA
Thanks Meter: 175
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jldr

What ROM are you running? You can try an app called AutoMemoryManager and play around with the values there. See which apps fall into which categories and go from there. I have this same problem with my music sometimes. This seemed to help. It's not exactly what youre looking for, but the app is supposed to prevent apps from being killed as quickly.

Link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.automemman

Thanks, I was using Auto Memory Manager, didn't work.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianX

Did you tried V6 Supercharger by Zeppelinrox? (Is not an app is a huge script that contain another scripts inside "bulletproof" is what you need).

Enviado desde mi HTC Explorer A310e mediante Tapatalk

Thanks, I ended up using App Settings module from the Xposed framework. Working like a charm.
18th April 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
298 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
How are you using it? The keep resident setting? On which apps?
18th April 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #6  
bgumble's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
453 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsADroid

...
Thanks, I ended up using App Settings module from the Xposed framework. Working like a charm.

confirming, this one solves your problem
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-18-22-37-58.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	2694835  
18th April 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #7  
LifeAsADroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Awesomeville, USA
Thanks Meter: 175
 
674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jldr

How are you using it? The keep resident setting? On which apps?

Correct, resident is checked. Using on:

- Ultimate Dynamic Navbar Pro
- Smart Statusbar+ Pro
- GMD Gesture Control Pro
- Switchr
- 1-Tap Quick Bar
- Rotate Screen
- C Locker Pro
-OneQuick


Quote:
Originally Posted by bgumble

confirming, this one solves your problem

Correct. Solves it enough that the apps I wanted to stay active throughout the day are still active at this time - typically many of them have been killed by now (just checked, the only one that has been killed off is C Locker Pro, and I may have inadvertently killed it myself earlier).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes