Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for app to keep other apps from being killed

Tip us?

LifeAsADroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 132

DONATE TO ME
Default Looking for app to keep other apps from being killed

Hi All,

Most people are looking for apps to kill other apps when they are running - I'm actually looking for the opposite. Phone keeps killing apps to free up some RAM here and there, and some of the apps to not restart themselves. Are there any good apps out there that can be used to monitor specific apps and restart them if they are killed by the system?

Thanks!
"The best part about the internet is you get to see everyone's childish tantrums first hand."

"If only the internet allowed me to punch stupid people in the face. Then people wouldn't vomit their idiocy onto my monitor."

RuffBuster
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsADroid View Post
Hi All,

Most people are looking for apps to kill other apps when they are running - I'm actually looking for the opposite. Phone keeps killing apps to free up some RAM here and there, and some of the apps to not restart themselves. Are there any good apps out there that can be used to monitor specific apps and restart them if they are killed by the system?

Thanks!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2366619

Sent from my HTC One mini using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to RuffBuster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LifeAsADroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 132

DONATE TO ME
Thanks, I'll check it out.
"The best part about the internet is you get to see everyone's childish tantrums first hand."

"If only the internet allowed me to punch stupid people in the face. Then people wouldn't vomit their idiocy onto my monitor."

MikeRL100
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Or Xposed plus the app settings module. You can force apps to stay in memory so they won't be killed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Help me out and increase my personal space. I mirror for BaNkS. Yep. Those GAPPs. Donate to him and if you don't have Dropbox, tell them I sent you: https://db.tt/67v8jsEq Also help out BaNkS. Click here to donate to him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeRL100 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LifeAsADroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 132

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRL100 View Post
Or Xposed plus the app settings module. You can force apps to stay in memory so they won't be killed.

That's perfect, I already have Xposed and the App Settings module. Thanks a ton! Would this be the "insistent notification" option?

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeAsADroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MikeRL100
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Nope. The resident checkbox is what you want. http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...12-15-t2437377

Help me out and increase my personal space. I mirror for BaNkS. Yep. Those GAPPs. Donate to him and if you don't have Dropbox, tell them I sent you: https://db.tt/67v8jsEq Also help out BaNkS. Click here to donate to him.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeRL100 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LifeAsADroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 132

DONATE TO ME
Hmm, that actually makes a lot more sense. Thanks again for the help!

MikeRL100
Old
Thanks Meter 365
No problem.

famewolf
Old
Thanks Meter 407
I'm not sure about Rom Toolbox Lite but the Pro version lets you add apps to the exclude list for task manager so those apps don't get killed.

Google Nexus 5 - 32mb - Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 Based R8.5
Google Nexus 4 - 16mb - Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 Based R8.5
B&N Nook HD+ 16MB
D70 Pro II Tablet - Generick Mod v6 by darkrickpr [Android 4.1.1]
Logitech Revue - Stock
UG802 - Finless Bob's v1.8

Retired:
TMobile HTC HD2
HTC Inspire 4G

All my devices AND the apps on them: http://www.appbrain.com/user/famewolf

LifeAsADroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 132

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by famewolf View Post
I'm not sure about Rom Toolbox Lite but the Pro version lets you add apps to the exclude list for task manager so those apps don't get killed.
Thanks, I think I have the pro of that app purchased from a while ago. Will give that one a try as well.