Surakusa
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks OP!

davidhegstrom16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default please help asap

I put the img file on my sdcard but when it turns on it only vibrates and has a black screen even in recovery and download mode whould a usb jig fix it if so whats the precentage the usb jig will work

droidshadow
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhegstrom16 View Post
I put the img file on my sdcard but when it turns on it only vibrates and has a black screen even in recovery and download mode whould a usb jig fix it if so whats the precentage the usb jig will work
What kind of sdcard did you use? People have had the best luck with true class 10 sdcards.

Also you need an sdcard to match the size of your internal storage...so if you have a 16GB S3 you need a 164GB sdcard. If you have a 32Gb phone you need a 32Gb sdcard.

Also how did you write the image to your sdcard? It sounds like you just copied the file to the sdcard which wont work you have to write it either with dd in linux or with win32image on Windows.

Read the tutorial carefully. ...

Hope it helps...

-droidshadow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Medinita
Old
(Last edited by Medinita; 6th April 2014 at 09:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Vibrates but doesn't do anything else

I have my bricked phone with a 16 GB Class 10 micro SD in it with the debrick.bin imaged to it, however it only vibrates (which before it didn't do) and has a black screen. It actually vibrates twice, as if stuck in some sort of boot-loop, and then it stops. Any ideas? I'm going to keep trying.

Also, yes, I read droidshadow's post. But like I said before I am using the correct card and imaging the file to the card.

shusuke028
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Okk, thank you so much! I tried this with a Class 10 16gb (to match my internal) and it worked.
I installed EZ-Unlock14 and tried to unlock my bootloader with it. Andddd, we all know how that turned out.

So, my question now, is, how can I continue to unlock my bootloader and install a custom ROM? Just use an earlier version of EZ-Unlock?

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by shusuke028 View Post
Okk, thank you so much! I tried this with a Class 10 16gb (to match my internal) and it worked.
I installed EZ-Unlock14 and tried to unlock my bootloader with it. Andddd, we all know how that turned out.

So, my question now, is, how can I continue to unlock my bootloader and install a custom ROM? Just use an earlier version of EZ-Unlock?
Answered in the thread you started in general.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you

_kast
Old
Thanks Meter 0
OK, finally got the phone to turn on, but now the screen just says
BOOT RECOVERY MODE
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS.
COPY FROM T-FLASH.
BOOT RECOVERY. .
WRITE 159488 sectors. .
FLASH WRITE FAILURE
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I535
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: NONE
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 0
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 1

Found another user running into the same problem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2677443

Any help would be appreciated

droidshadow
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by shusuke028 View Post

Sorry bro you can't...

Once you took the 4.3 update your bootloader is now encrypted and for the most part impossible to unlock.

If you really want a custom rom you will have to use safestrap which can only install touchwiz Rom's (Samsung Rom's).

Its a sad that Verizon does this crap...

I am going to T-Mobile since they dont lock their bootloaders...

Well for most phones tmobile doesn't lock their bootloaders.

-droidshadow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

nhoclesnar
Old
(Last edited by nhoclesnar; 18th April 2014 at 11:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hey @droidshadow I read that you unbricked your phone using a Class 10 16 GB SD card. What is your phone internal storage? Do you specifically need a SD card that matches your internal storage to unbrick your phone? My phone is 32 GB and I want to make sure which size SD card will work for me before I proceed on buying one.

Edit: Yes, I figured out that you need a Class 10 Micro SD Card that is the same size as your phone's internal memory. Because, "The Boot image creates a partion table that must mirror the internal memory". I am now able to unbrick my phone. Thank the OP so much for this thread!

TwistedPoet
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I unbricked my GSZ using a class 10 32gb SD card. I followed the guide (sorry, I can't find the linkat themoment). Paritioned the SD card and loaded a recovery.img file. It didn't work right away but worked.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tags
4.3, debrick, gs3, i535, verizon