Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So I bought an S5

Tip us?

bodson66
Old
(Last edited by bodson66; 18th April 2014 at 03:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX View Post
Hi,

I get what your thread was, sorry if I went off topic . I saw some people sharing their experiences with other Samsung devices and I felt inspired myself hehe. I didn't intend to rant at Samsung, S5 or anyone, just a personal opinion .

For Sony camera app I completely know what you mean! When I installed a custom ROM on my X10 Mini Pro I really felt the lack of the camera app hahaha! And now Z1 is great for me, reminds me of a Cybershot camera (you know, those small ones).

By the way, I ended up forgetting to ask a question :P. I saw some pics of S5 and it looked a little bulky, do you feel the difference in it? Also much do you think they've improved from the older devices build? Because personally I didn't like build quality of S4, specially after some time the back started to get scratched, but I did like how the bezels were small, which I think they didn't do in S5...

~Lord
lol no worries I have no problem with anyone sharing anything, I just didn't want people to think I was saying the S5 is amazing and the Z1 is brutal. Your post was by no means rude or anything I just want to make sure people get the point of the thread.

As for your question the S5 is nicer to hold, it lighter (good or bad that preference), its rounded edges make it a little less harder to hold. I do like the textured back which has a nice grippy feel. When I put it against my Z1 its shorter but almost identical in width. The bezels arent as thin as the S4, also I don't feel nearly as confident in it's waterproofing either. I'm sure if you spill something on it that's fine but I would be taking it in the shower either (not that I did that with my Z1....Ok maybe once I did lol) It does have a better build than my previous devices but honestly sony blows it away in that department for sure.The back is less prone to scratches since its not the glossy back of the S4 but I'm sure it will get scratched at some point.
Using a Nexus 4, Xperia Z, ZL and now Z1
Network Administrator
The Following User Says Thank You to bodson66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rui Oliveira 21
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodson66 View Post
lol no worries I have no problem with anyone sharing anything, I just didn't want people to think I was saying the S5 is amazing and the Z1 is brutal. Your post was by no means rude or anything I just want to make sure people get the point of the thread.

As for your question the S5 is nicer to hold, it lighter (good or bad that preference), its rounded edges make it a little less harder to hold. I do like the textured back which has a nice grippy feel. When I put it against my Z1 its shorter but almost identical in width. The bezels arent as thin as the S4, also I don't feel nearly as confident in it's waterproofing either. I'm sure if you spill something on it that's fine but I would be taking it in the shower either (not that I did that with my Z1....Ok maybe once I did lol) It does have a better build than my previous devices but honestly sony blows it away in that department for sure.The back is less prone to scratches since its not the glossy back of the S4 but I'm sure it will get scratched at some point.
You should have taken the M8, build quality is impecable, only lacks in camera department.
Proud owner of Xperia Z1 C6903-4-4. Custom number: 1276-4314
Gf: Xperia SP C5303-4.3 12.1.A.1.201

Previous phones: Some nokias, Samsung galaxy Y pro, Xperia Sola, Xperia T, Xperia Z, Xperia Z1.

nikola1970
Old
Thanks Meter 25
OP can you make more camera samples between Z1 and S5 please?

Thanks!

bodson66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Hated the feel of it in my hands, very slippery and soft aluminum scratches to easily. But no doubt build quality was top notch, and sense ui is better than touchwiz.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Network Administrator

bodson66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Yep I sure can post a few examples, I'm outta town right now but when I get home I can do a couple test shot for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Network Administrator

nikola1970
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Thanks! Waiting to see them