Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to add languages to S-pen direct input?

Tip us?

Co-re
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default How to add languages to S-pen direct input?

I cannot get my Note to recognize Finnish writing in direct input popup window no matter what. Works fine on my Note 3 though.

There is the language indicator showing that it is set on English but the menu that opens by holding on it has no options for other languages even though I've enabled them from settings.

The real problem is that it simply wont accept characters . On my Note 3 the Menu only has Finnish but even with that selected I can write English without issues (like now).

Where's the problem?

Enzymaticracer
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Try swiping left or right on the space bar to change the handwriting language. I have Greek enabled in addition to English so that I can write the necessary Greek characters for my scientific notes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

TWEAKiMP
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Is there no way to enable both languages at the same time?
Same for my SwiftKey Keyboard.

boshindo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co-re View Post
I cannot get my Note to recognize Finnish writing in direct input popup window no matter what. Works fine on my Note 3 though.

There is the language indicator showing that it is set on English but the menu that opens by holding on it has no options for other languages even though I've enabled them from settings.

The real problem is that it simply wont accept characters . On my Note 3 the Menu only has Finnish but even with that selected I can write English without issues (like now).

Where's the problem?
Under settings/control/languages&input, click the cog next to samsung keyboard. The next page should give the option to add input languages. Then when using handwriting input window, holding down the second item at the top lets you choose your newly loaded languages.

Max languages is 4 including english so if you're a true polyglot you're in for a lot of extra tapping :/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-18-18-08-05.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	2694935   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-18%2018.23.20.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	2694952