Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 47,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Notification LED dull and not RGB?

Tip us?
 
MrKal_El
Old
#1  
MrKal_El's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 46
Join Date: Feb 2013
Unhappy Notification LED dull and not RGB?

Hey guys...one of the most used and important features in any Android phone for me is the RGB notification LED.

The S4 and Nexus 5 had great ones...I'm a little worried about the very dull one on the S5.

I cannot get Light Flow to work at all...and while I know the S5 is really new...just a little troublesome...
 
BoneXDA
Old
#2  
BoneXDA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1063
Posts: 1,431
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKal_El View Post
Hey guys...one of the most used and important features in any Android phone for me is the RGB notification LED.

The S4 and Nexus 5 had great ones...I'm a little worried about the very dull one on the S5.

I cannot get Light Flow to work at all...and while I know the S5 is really new...just a little troublesome...
It does have an RGB flash, tested colors with LED Tester app, but haven't set up Lightflow, which is often rather complicated. You may restart your phone after setting it up and see if it works properly.

I guess it's duller because the plastic over it is thicker due to the IP certification (?), now why isn't there a cutout for it like for the sensors is beyond me.
 
RCJ89
Old
#3  
RCJ89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 201
Posts: 663
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: london, UK
I find it bright enough, far better than whats on HTC phones. I can also see it from a 45 degree angle, the one on the s4 was better still but not complaining as it still does its job
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16gb

Previous owned Favourite phones:
HTC One X white 32gb
HTC One S Black 16gb
HTC Sensation XE Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 Black 16gb
Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC Silver
 
MrKal_El
Old
#4  
MrKal_El's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 46
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneXDA View Post
It does have an RGB flash, tested colors with LED Tester app, but haven't set up Lightflow, which is often rather complicated. You may restart your phone after setting it up and see if it works properly.

I guess it's duller because the plastic over it is thicker due to the IP certification (?), now why isn't there a cutout for it like for the sensors is beyond me.
I went and downloaded that LED Tester program.. And no matter what color I choose.. It only blinks blue... (Even after a restart and deleting Light flow)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
simacca
Old
#5  
simacca's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 140
Posts: 973
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kent, uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKal_El View Post
I went and downloaded that LED Tester program.. And no matter what color I choose.. It only blinks blue... (Even after a restart and deleting Light flow)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Led tester works perfectly for me in all colours. Be warned if you get an incoming notification whilst testing the colours, the light will revert to the notification colour until you click on the notification and reset the led.

Hope this makes sense lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 
MrKal_El
Old
#6  
MrKal_El's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 46
Join Date: Feb 2013
I got in contact with the maker of Light flow who directed me to this page http://www.folioflow.com/ff/page/web...ow/pageId/2380

... And it is working great! Whew...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
ravenofdoom
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 75
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKal_El View Post
I got in contact with the maker of Light flow who directed me to this page http://www.folioflow.com/ff/page/web...ow/pageId/2380

... And it is working great! Whew...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

All off the LightFlow app developer's websites/servers are down. Could you please give me the run-down on what you did to fix it? (I'm having the exact same problem).
 
louie875
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 112
Join Date: Jun 2012
I agree the LED is VERY dull, my sister just got the LG g2 and the led on it is beautiful very bright and vivid colours.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more