MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Notification LED dull and not RGB?

12th April 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

46 posts
Hey guys...one of the most used and important features in any Android phone for me is the RGB notification LED.

The S4 and Nexus 5 had great ones...I'm a little worried about the very dull one on the S5.

I cannot get Light Flow to work at all...and while I know the S5 is really new...just a little troublesome...
12th April 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,080

1,431 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKal_El

Hey guys...one of the most used and important features in any Android phone for me is the RGB notification LED.

The S4 and Nexus 5 had great ones...I'm a little worried about the very dull one on the S5.

I cannot get Light Flow to work at all...and while I know the S5 is really new...just a little troublesome...

It does have an RGB flash, tested colors with LED Tester app, but haven't set up Lightflow, which is often rather complicated. You may restart your phone after setting it up and see if it works properly.

I guess it's duller because the plastic over it is thicker due to the IP certification (?), now why isn't there a cutout for it like for the sensors is beyond me.
12th April 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 211

710 posts
More
I find it bright enough, far better than whats on HTC phones. I can also see it from a 45 degree angle, the one on the s4 was better still but not complaining as it still does its job
12th April 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneXDA

It does have an RGB flash, tested colors with LED Tester app, but haven't set up Lightflow, which is often rather complicated. You may restart your phone after setting it up and see if it works properly.

I guess it's duller because the plastic over it is thicker due to the IP certification (?), now why isn't there a cutout for it like for the sensors is beyond me.

I went and downloaded that LED Tester program.. And no matter what color I choose.. It only blinks blue... (Even after a restart and deleting Light flow)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
12th April 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kent, uk
Thanks Meter: 150

999 posts
More
Quote:

I went and downloaded that LED Tester program.. And no matter what color I choose.. It only blinks blue... (Even after a restart and deleting Light flow)

Led tester works perfectly for me in all colours. Be warned if you get an incoming notification whilst testing the colours, the light will revert to the notification colour until you click on the notification and reset the led.

Hope this makes sense lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
13th April 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

46 posts
I got in contact with the maker of Light flow who directed me to this page http://www.folioflow.com/ff/page/web...ow/pageId/2380

... And it is working great! Whew...

18th April 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 21

78 posts
More
Quote:

I got in contact with the maker of Light flow who directed me to this page http://www.folioflow.com/ff/page/web...ow/pageId/2380

... And it is working great! Whew...

All off the LightFlow app developer's websites/servers are down. Could you please give me the run-down on what you did to fix it? (I'm having the exact same problem).
18th April 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

118 posts
I agree the LED is VERY dull, my sister just got the LG g2 and the led on it is beautiful very bright and vivid colours.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread