Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Signal bars missing after new ROM

Tip us?

pfftdives
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Signal bars missing after new ROM

Hello..

I was going to ask this in the developers forum but apparently since I'm a n00b to the forums I'm not allowed to post yet. I flashed my M919 with the kitkat Insane ROM (v5 then v6), then flashed the NB4 modem with ODIN, no issues along the way..

The ROM is working very well, but I no longer have signal strength bars-- if I have coverage I get a 4G (or whatever) with up/down arrows showing traffic, but no bars. Calls/data/etc all work fine. Turned off WIFI and tried different power indicators in settings to see if it'd bring me my bars back.

Just wondering if this is normal and I should live without it?

thanks much

nccountrymike
Old
(Last edited by nccountrymike; 17th April 2014 at 07:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
That's a known issue with that rom. Most people have success with adding them by installing xposed framework and then using wanam or xblast to get them back.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

pfftdives
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thank you that did the trick. I installed xposed and then fished aroubd in wanam xposed and xblast. Had to tell wanam to show 6 bars vice the default 5 and then it came back. Odd.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

crazyc78
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I'm not trying to be an asshole here but the forum rules clearly state to read the forums before you post. There is a reason for that, your problem has probably been discussed millions of times and there is a provided solution for the problem. The OP clearly states why the signal bars are lost when flashing this rom. If you would have read further into the thread for the rom, there are numerous posts about it telling you how to fix it. I am glad that your problem is fixed and you found a workaround solution to it. Next time read before you post as it states in the forum rules that your question may have already been discussed.

SENT FROM INSANELY SICK S4