Originally Posted by saywhat4118
Hi guys, i converted my HTC to GPE edition and since then i found a fault in the hardware and want to get it exchanged. Can anyone point me to the right direction to get the correct splash screen that says HTC instead of Google?
I am also interested in this.
I followed the instructions below:
- Need SuperCID (11111111)
- Flash 1.54.401.5 firmware from THIS thread
- Flashed TWRP 184.108.40.206
- Boot into TWRP
- Go into Wipe menu
- Select format data (you will have to type yes to confirm)
- Reboot TWRP by going to the Reboot menu and selecting Recovery
- Go back to main wipe menu
- Select Advanced wipe and tick, Davik, System, Data, Cache
- Flash a sense rom
After step 2 I still had the google spash screen. I am now doing step 10 and I am scared it won't put the spalsh screen back to what it was before.
I have also downloaded a backup from the same 1.54.401.5 stock firmware as a backup plan that I could restore via TRWP but I am not sure if it will work either. I will report. Hopefully we don't need the RUU, because I have not found any stock RUU so far.
Edit: After Step 10, I have the HTC Splash but just before that I still have the Google picture appearing
Edit: Thanks to contribution below, was able to replace it. Use the attached (but add your model ID to the text file).
To flash the RUU:
- Download the file and put it into your adb folder on your computer
- Add your model ID to the text file in the archive - I already added mine (0P6B10000) so if you have the same you don't need to add your ownn
- Go into bootloader mode (e.g. adb reboot bootloader with USB debugging active or power+vol down while off)
- fastboot oem rebootRUU
- fastboot flash zip m8Splash.zip
Samsung Galaxy S4 White
HTC One Silver