Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to play offline music in default player NOT Google Play Music

Tip us?

ronjohn78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to play offline music in default player NOT Google Play Music

Okay I purchased music using google play music. I can listen to the music offline with Google Play music, but my default OEM/factory Galaxy music player doesn't detect the music I purchased. Also I found out Google stores the files here:

/mnt/sdcard/android/data/com.google.music/files/music

When I went to that dictory I noticed the MP3 file was named 724.mp3 I'am able to point poweramp to that folder and play it but with the galaxy I don't see any options to force it to point to any directories. I like using the Samsung OEM player. Is it possible to get my default player to play this?

Funny thing is when I use root explorer to play the song it uses the Galaxy music player to play it but when I goto the Galaxy music player it doesn't detect the song.

scryan
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjohn78 View Post
Okay I purchased music using google play music. I can listen to the music offline with Google Play music, but my default OEM/factory Galaxy music player doesn't detect the music I purchased. Also I found out Google stores the files here:

/mnt/sdcard/android/data/com.google.music/files/music

When I went to that dictory I noticed the MP3 file was named 724.mp3 I'am able to point poweramp to that folder and play it but with the galaxy I don't see any options to force it to point to any directories. I like using the Samsung OEM player. Is it possible to get my default player to play this?

Funny thing is when I use root explorer to play the song it uses the Galaxy music player to play it but when I goto the Galaxy music player it doesn't detect the song.
if you use the play website rather then the app you can download it a certain number of times, just as MP3s. You may have to do that on the computer. You can allow download the music manager on your computer and it will download your whole library without it counting against your download limit... But you do have to download the whole thing, then add what ever album you want to your phone. I prefer to just get a big SD card and go this route. I just download and manage my own music, and think of the online copy as a backup.

Not a perfect answer, but at least a version of what your trying to do, if you were unaware.

Oishikatta
Old
Thanks Meter 80
GMusicFS is an option, but probably won't do exactly what you're asking either.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2169761