5,597,354 Members 31,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2] OmniROM - Wingray - bigPart

Tip us?

bluedragon38
Old
(Last edited by bluedragon38; Yesterday at 12:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Impossible to format/wipe cache.. WTF ?

i follow exactly what you said and... after 1( min the logo omni continue to ear move... -_-"

shpitz461
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Did you perform the repartitioning before flashing TWRP bigpart? If the partitions are messed up, TWRP thinks the partitions are encrypted and asks for a pwd...

b1g1an
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedragon38 View Post
Impossible to format/wipe cache.. WTF ?

i follow exactly what you said and... after 1( min the logo omni continue to ear move... -_-"
When I did mine, I got an error about unable to wipe something but it's quite normal and it also took more than a few minutes to boot the first time, ie. long enough to think it had all gone wrong but then suddenly sprung into life. It takes an age to boot normally anyway but at least its quite stable now!

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk

bluedragon38
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1g1an View Post
When I did mine, I got an error about unable to wipe something but it's quite normal and it also took more than a few minutes to boot the first time, ie. long enough to think it had all gone wrong but then suddenly sprung into life. It takes an age to boot normally anyway but at least its quite stable now!

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk
I had wait 15 minutes ! and no BOOT !

@shpitz461 you talking about that ? :

Repartition Guide

1) Your data will be totally wiped! If you have Nandroids, TitaniumBackups, or anything of any value on your internal storage, copy them to your microsd or computer! They will be gone forever! Your microsd card is the only safe haven on your Xoom during this process.

2) Put all needed resources on your microsd card! You will need the original TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery from @runandhide05, TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart version, your desired rom, and the BigPart boot image that goes with your desired rom. The BigPart boot images can be found in the next section.

3) Reboot into recovery. Flash TWRP BigPart. Don't reboot just yet.

4) Go back into wipe menu and wipe everything but /sdcard.

5) Go to reboot menu and reboot into recovery. Disregard the "No OS" warning and don't install SuperSU when asked.

6) When you come back into recovery, it will think your data is encrypted but it's not. Go into wipe menu and "format data". Type "yes" when prompted. When done, go back into wipe menu. Select "Advanced Wipe". Check "system" and "cache" and wipe them.

7) Hit Home then go to reboot menu and reboot recovery. Once again, disregard "No OS" warning and don't install SuperSU when asked

8) When you come back into recovery, go into mount menu. You should see "cache" and "data" checked. "System" will be unchecked. Check it to confirm it mounts, then uncheck it. Congratulations! You are now repartitioned!

9) Go into install. Recovery should show your microsd storage by default. If not, using the navigation panel, navigate to root then go into "sdcard". Flash your rom, BigPart boot image package, and any other resources as you normally would.

10) Reboot into system. You are done!

And i need a SDCARD for this rom or not ? i can use one for flashing but it's my smartphone SDCARD... so i will return after the flash in my phone.. i cause any probz ?

PAinTheHouse
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDangy View Post
Sorry in advance for the potentially stupid question.

If I'm coming from 4.2 EOS (wingray) can I just:

Wipe - Dalvik Cache / System / Cache / Data
Flash omni-4.4.2-201XXXXX-wingray-HOMEMADE_XXXX.zip
Flash gapps-xxxx.zip
Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip
Reboot

Or do I need bigPart TWRP?
I was on EOS 4.2 build 202 on my xoom Wingray.
Follow the OMNI instructions exactly detailed in "[ROM][4.4.2] OmniROM - Wingray - bigPart" page one.
I did not and created a big problem for myself. My error was I flashed the "TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart", but did not restart my xoom. I went straight to Advanced Wipe section. This ment I was wiping on my original "TWRP" and not the "TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart"

I won't cover how I got out of problem here, but I did and was able to install the OMNI Rom
HTC One M7 stock ROM

Motorola Xoom WiFi 32GB - was Android 4.2.1 Team EOS nightly 202..... now Omni 4.4.2