Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,001 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked....Over joyed

Tip us?

bkeaver
Old
(Last edited by bkeaver; 16th April 2014 at 04:03 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 469
Default Bricked....Over joyed

Well I was having a blast with my phone. Had it rooted and had a custom recovery installed (i believe this was my down fall). messed with the phone all day yesterday. Rebooted it several times after root and recovery installed, then went to bed. Got up and it had downloaded an OTA (assuming it was the KK) ignored the notification that it wanted a reboot. It rebooted anyways and boom....no more boot. It flashes the LG logo for a split second and thats it. Will not go into download mode. Cannot connect via ADB which also means the LGFlashTool won't work.

If anyone has any suggestions or magic powers to revive this it would be MUCH appreciated otherwise I guess I'm either sending off to LG or MobileTechVideos... haven't decided which. But figured I'd see if someone has anything that I haven't already tried....

also got it to the factory reset option and pressed enter, it said it was resetting it but..... still no go..
HTC ONE M8 - gone...Gone...GONE!
HTC ONE M7 - Bootloder Unlocked / SIM Unlocked / S-OFF / SuperCID / Rooted FOR SALE
Nexus 5 - Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
LG G3 Has arrived!!! <-- Current Daily Driver
LG G2 D800 running CloudyPro2 + Dorimanx 6.2 Kernel

Please Hit the THANKS Button if I have helped..

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeaver View Post
Well I was having a blast with my phone. Had it rooted and had a custom recovery installed (i believe this was my down fall). messed with the phone all day yesterday. Rebooted it several times after root and recovery installed, then went to bed. Got up and it had downloaded an OTA (assuming it was the KK) ignored the notification that it wanted a reboot. It rebooted anyways and boom....no more boot. It flashes the LG logo for a split second and thats it. Will not go into download mode. Cannot connect via ADB which also means the LGFlashTool won't work.

If anyone has any suggestions or magic powers to revive this it would be MUCH appreciated otherwise I guess I'm either sending off to LG or MobileTechVideos... haven't decided which. But figured I'd see if someone has anything that I haven't already tried....

also got it to the factory reset option and pressed enter, it said it was resetting it but..... still no go..
actually your downfall was not knowing that after ignoring the ota a couple of times it forces itself to install also my question is can you still get into recovery/ which recovery do you have installed

bkeaver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
actually your downfall was not knowing that after ignoring the ota a couple of times it forces itself to install also my question is can you still get into recovery/ which recovery do you have installed

at this point all it does is display the LG logo for a split second and if I plug it in the computer via usb it mounts all these drives wanting me to format cause it doesnt know what to do with them, well all but one. That one it allows me to view the contents of it.

No it doesnt allow me to get into recovery.
HTC ONE M7 - Bootloder Unlocked / SIM Unlocked / S-OFF / SuperCID / Rooted FOR SALE
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeaver View Post
at this point all it does is display the LG logo for a split second and if I plug it in the computer via usb it mounts all these drives wanting me to format cause it doesnt know what to do with them, well all but one. That one it allows me to view the contents of it.

No it doesnt allow me to get into recovery.
ok since you said the thing about the drives it means its booting into qhusb bulk mode let me look around and see what I can find

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

seems your device may be hard bricked, if its still under warranty you can take it to att and tell them ota messed up your phone, just don't mention anything about root/custom recovery it should work since there is no way of knowing it was rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bkeaver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 469
Quote:
ok since you said the thing about the drives it means its booting into qhusb bulk mode let me look around and see what I can find

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

seems your device may be hard bricked, if its still under warranty you can take it to att and tell them ota messed up your phone, just don't mention anything about root/custom recovery it should work since there is no way of knowing it was rooted
yeah I called AT&T and they just immediately transfered me to LG Support... They gave me an RMA to send it in to them although I'm going to send it in to MobileTech first, If they can revive it it may save me some hassles with LG...

Thanks for the attempt to help... appreciated...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

lilkamkam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This happened to me and i ended up asking for a new one.

Monticlair22
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ummm ..

Quote:
So this has happened to me 3 x in the last 6 days... Any way to prevent it from downloading? or Should I just not install recovery?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
(Last edited by XxZombiePikachu; 19th April 2014 at 12:39 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticlair22 View Post
So this has happened to me 3 x in the last 6 days... Any way to prevent it from downloading? or Should I just not install recovery?
well if you have titanium backup pro you can freeze the software update app(in d800 its an app called software update) or you can just uninstall the app using a root browser, go to sytem/app its called lgdmsclient.apk/odex and the lgfota.apk/odex just rename them to lgdmsclient.apk.bak, the odex file lgdmsclient.odex.bak, lgfota.aok.bak and lgfota.odex/bak then reboot and you shouldn't have any more update problems(the reason for renaming to .bak is so that they cant be used but at the same time you have them backed up)