FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[rom][dump]n900vrubmh9_fajp

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th January 2014, 03:42 PM |#21  
chrisrotolo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 454
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg

Sure, the ROM might be, but how are you going to get it on your device? Your device is locked, and there is no sys version in these files, so you will not be able to use them. Also, if you attempt to flash boot or recovery, you will void your warranty and trigger 0x1. Be warned.

Can these be diectly written via dd if= of= , etc.. ? I imagine just flashing one partition may not be real helpful, however what if some brave soul were to flash the entire ROM?

you mentioned block size is 512, what should it be 1024? Can we ask @RomDump for a different size, etc.., would that be helpful?

I would think having the 4.2.2 bootloader file is a big plus for research purposes.

Thanks.
 
 
19th January 2014, 11:13 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,146
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo

Can these be diectly written via dd if= of= , etc.. ? I imagine just flashing one partition may not be real helpful, however what if some brave soul were to flash the entire ROM?

you mentioned block size is 512, what should it be 1024? Can we ask @RomDump for a different size, etc.., would that be helpful?

I would think having the 4.2.2 bootloader file is a big plus for research purposes.

Thanks.

They can be written via DD, but as soon as you reboot, Knox/aboot will immediately recognize the signatures are wrong, and trip Knox. It will set your warranty bit, and prevent you from using Android until you flash a signed build. The block size doesn't matter, it just threw off some files sizes. This doesn't do anything for us. You also can't DD aboot, so no matter what, we are stuck.
19th January 2014, 11:48 PM |#23  
chrisrotolo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 454
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg

They can be written via DD, but as soon as you reboot, Knox/aboot will immediately recognize the signatures are wrong, and trip Knox. It will set your warranty bit, and prevent you from using Android until you flash a signed build. The block size doesn't matter, it just threw off some files sizes. This doesn't do anything for us. You also can't DD aboot, so no matter what, we are stuck.

How about the booting from sd card method? Any brave soul want to stick the entire ROM on an ext sd as mentioned in the unbrick thread? (backup and be prepared)
and there is also a mysterious 'load from external source' option in recovery, which has been reported to flash a stock ROM from ext sd card to fix a bricked att note 3.

having this 'engineering bootloader' from july must be some help for the bootloader devs.

I just thinking a lot, and don't like being stuck.

thanks for the input, cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisrotolo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 12:15 AM |#24  
Frank Westlake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 270
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo

How about the booting from sd card method? Any brave soul want to stick the entire ROM on an ext sd as mentioned in the unbrick thread? (backup and be prepared)
and there is also a mysterious 'load from external source' option in recovery, which has been reported to flash a stock ROM from ext sd card to fix a bricked att note 3.

I don't have that option in the stock Recovery on my vzw-MI9, is it in a later version?

ADDED
Oh, disregard. I just remembered it requires a momentary jump between internal components.

Frank

SGH-I717(AoCP6.4), SM-N900V/MI9(dlV), XDA Premium
Last edited by Frank Westlake; 20th January 2014 at 12:17 AM.
20th January 2014, 08:26 AM |#25  
scrosler's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 63,678
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by romup

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnelwkB PASSWORD: bdss


My twitter is :https://twitter.com/WarlockCN

Nice!

Edit: I see everything we need except system. Am I missing something?
Last edited by scrosler; 20th January 2014 at 08:29 AM.
20th January 2014, 09:30 AM |#26  
Walter.White's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,992
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

Nice!

Edit: I see everything we need except system. Am I missing something?

It's 4.2.2 not 4.4.2 sir. It's really old build.
19th April 2014, 12:50 AM |#27  
david515's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Ames
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefalling0411

Who cares about knox. I will trip away

Sent from my SM-N900V using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I'm very sure that you will brick your phone if you flash that eng. build.
19th April 2014, 01:56 AM |#28  
krazy_smokezalot's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 1,168
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg

You can trip it, and the files won't flash. Even after tripping.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So is it possible someone like you or anyone else can add the missing files to it??? Just thinking that's all

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes