Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 41,027 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zagg Glass

Tip us?

TriBeard
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNS201 View Post
wow $40? I also hate best buy so will not shop there ever.

What about the glass screen protectors on ebay for $5-15, sounds more reasonable.
The nice thing is you get a lifetime warranty. If you choke it down and buy it from best buy, I think they charge 7.99 or something to install it, but if you ever mess it up or it peels or they don't install it right you can take it back and they redo it. Otherwise, you just email zagg and they send you a new one in a couple days.

hawaiianboi
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBeard View Post
The nice thing is you get a lifetime warranty. If you choke it down and buy it from best buy, I think they charge 7.99 or something to install it, but if you ever mess it up or it peels or they don't install it right you can take it back and they redo it. Otherwise, you just email zagg and they send you a new one in a couple days.
If you go through Zagg, you have to pay for the shipping, but thats only like $5 so it aint bad.

Legobricke
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianboi View Post
If you go through Zagg, you have to pay for the shipping, but thats only like $5 so it aint bad.
Well.... That lifetime thing would be great.... But for the glass replacement, zagg will charge you 15 bucks and another 5 bucks for shipping...

It would of been nice if they would of changed the print on the packaging.

Lego

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TriBeard
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianboi View Post
True, but one time and it's only 3 bucks more for Best Buy to do it, and as soon as you have it done twice, you would have been better off with them. Not to mention you can just pop in whenever you're around a store and have it fixed.

hawaiianboi
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legobricke View Post
Well.... That lifetime thing would be great.... But for the glass replacement, zagg will charge you 15 bucks and another 5 bucks for shipping...

It would of been nice if they would of changed the print on the packaging.

Lego

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
They don't charge another $15, just the $5 for shipping.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tower1972
Old
Thanks Meter 162
On my second Glass...First I bought the HD shield, and they have what I believe to be, a defect in design on the HD. Not only does it cover the screen, but on all 4 corners, it goes up the sides of the speaker grills. If your screen is not perfectly flush with the metal speaker plates guess what...you will have air pockets that you cant get rid of. After going back and forth, they sent me a replacement, and it was the SAME thing..UGH..

So I went out and bought a Glass..since it only protected the screen. Had issues with the first one, as none of the corners would stick! Put in for another replacement, which came today, and it went on smooth as silk and all the corners are bubble free...

When you do the replacement, you also need to send back your old one. They provide you an envelope to do so. They will also ask for your credit card number. If you do not return your old one, they will charge you the full price for the replacement they shipped out!
AT&T HTC One M8 ex-Harmon Kardon edition!
ARHD 10.1 Android 4.4.3!
Rooted, bootloader unlocked, SuperCID
TWRP 2.7.1.0
LG G watch Bootloader unlocked, Rooted and TWRP installed! :P

Brainze
Old
Thanks Meter 25
$6 on EBAY for these, shipped...

No... . . . Not ZAGG, specifically, but extremely high quality and the same damn glass.
I'm not weird, i'm an "Aspie" ...

erieboyz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just got the Zagg glass shield installed today and I have to say this is the best I've ever tried. Glass from now on!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tazz.
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Are there alternatives from ZAGG Glass? I wanted to purchase it on Amazon because I have a gift card, but they don't sell it. Any recommendations?

xCeejayy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz. View Post
Are there alternatives from ZAGG Glass? I wanted to purchase it on Amazon because I have a gift card, but they don't sell it. Any recommendations?
There's BodyGuardz, I have an extra of those the edges aren't rounded, there's a Spigen Glas.Tr but it's an extra 5$ at 39.99.