XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

OP H4rryTipp3r

15th April 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 162

754 posts
More
Hi everyone, I'm new to the LG G2, but not the forums, nor rooting. I was wondering how everyone likes there phones and if there's any problems I should know of. I just switched to AT&T, and are you only aloud to switch phones once within the 14 day period?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 122

292 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4rryTipp3r

Hi everyone, I'm new to the LG G2, but not the forums, nor rooting. I was wondering how everyone likes there phones and if there's any problems I should know of. I just switched to AT&T, and are you only aloud to switch phones once within the 14 day period?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I'm also new to the phone but not the forum or rooting. I've had my phone for 3 weeks now and I really like it so far. I'm coming from a galaxy s3. I haven't encountered any issues with it whatsoever. I've tried a few custom roms but so far IMO, stock rooted is the best because of smoothness and battery life. The battery life is definitely the most impressive aspect of the phone for me. Battery life easily doubles any other device I have ever owned.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4
16th April 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Picked it up as soon as it came out. Best phone I've ever owned.
16th April 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #4  
Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 510

2,767 posts
More
I too have just picked up this phone. Trying to figure out the whole KK and root thing at the moment. But this phone seems to be a beast on battery which is why I went with it. So far I'm liking it well, now if I can just get off of the 4.2.2 and still retain root I'll really love this.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
17th April 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #5  
Flag San Antonio

292 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeaver

I too have just picked up this phone. Trying to figure out the whole KK and root thing at the moment. But this phone seems to be a beast on battery which is why I went with it. So far I'm liking it well, now if I can just get off of the 4.2.2 and still retain root I'll really love this.

Not to hijack the thread but I just rooted the latest stock KK for our phone (even had the latest 5mb update for gwallet and g+). It was really easy. Just use ioroot25. The latest ioroot now works for KK with no special instructions needed.
17th April 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 33

371 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you like the G2 give the Flex a try. I loved the G2 but just happened to stop by a T-Mobile store and played with a Flex. Great phone!

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
17th April 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #7  
Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 510

2,767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemotodroid

If you like the G2 give the Flex a try. I loved the G2 but just happened to stop by a T-Mobile store and played with a Flex. Great phone!

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm sure it is but not liking the curve of the phone plus the lower resolution.

18th April 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
new
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS7JR

Not to hijack the thread but I just rooted the latest stock KK for our phone (even had the latest 5mb update for gwallet and g+). It was really easy. Just use ioroot25. The latest ioroot now works for KK with no special instructions needed.

I am also very new here and to the lg g2, I have rooted my att lg g2 using ioroot25 can you elaborate more on how to get Kitkat on my phone, its currently on 4.2.2 with a sim card from Aio Wireless if that matters, I would appreciate the help
18th April 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 430

2,229 posts
Get yourself a case, a good case.
I just dropped the G2 yesterday, my first drop in many years and the entire screen shattered hence touchscreen isn't working at all. Also possibly the usb port got damaged too.
Just let you guys know how fragile this phone is.
19th April 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #10  
Flag San Antonio

292 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristansti

I am also very new here and to the lg g2, I have rooted my att lg g2 using ioroot25 can you elaborate more on how to get Kitkat on my phone, its currently on 4.2.2 with a sim card from Aio Wireless if that matters, I would appreciate the help

Sorry for the late response. I have a job that occupies a lot of my time so I turn notifications off. If you haven't seen it already, there is a thread in this same section that was just created...........

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2722536

It explains the process step by step.

Edit: Actually, I think the guide starts off with you already being on kit Kat. The way I did it was using the tot and dll file for 4.4.2 along with the lg flash tool to bring my phone to stock kit Kat. (My phone didn't want to automatically receive the kit Kat ota and i didn't want to bother calling in and having it "pushed".) Then I accepted the minor update bringing my phone to d80020k (latest software version). Finally, I followed the method above using ioroot25.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4
Last edited by RS7JR; 19th April 2014 at 03:17 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread