Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 45,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need some help!

Tip us?
 
AUSTIN3:16
Old
#1  
AUSTIN3:16's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 87
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Question Need some help!

I just finished returning my T-Mobile M8 back to Sense from GPe and I would like the steps to flash the stock recovery & boot images. I already have the files I need but unsure of the command lines for adb. Also I tried flashing the T-Mo radio img file but it says failed after each try. My M8 is S-OFF, unlocked, SuperCid, & I currently have Busybox, Root, & TWRP recovery installed on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have searched several threads and no luck so far....
 
Andromorphone
Old
(Last edited by Andromorphone; 19th April 2014 at 02:16 AM.)
#2  
Andromorphone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 168
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN3:16 View Post
I just finished returning my T-Mobile M8 back to Sense from GPe and I would like the steps to flash the stock recovery & boot images. I already have the files I need but unsure of the command lines for adb. Also I tried flashing the T-Mo radio img file but it says failed after each try. My M8 is S-OFF, unlocked, SuperCid, & I currently have Busybox, Root, & TWRP recovery installed on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have searched several threads and no luck so far....
you'll want to use fastboot to flash these, as follows (and make sure phone is in bootloader and says "fastboot usb" in red, not just "fastboot") :

for recovery :
"fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img"

and for kernel (aka boot.img):
"fastboot flash boot bootimgfilename.img"

omit the quotation marks, and use the correct file names, not the placeholders I provided.

also these both assume the boot & recovery img files are in the same folder as fastboot & adb on your pc.

where did you come across a stock recovery for the tmo m8?
titty much protally fit-shaced
The Following User Says Thank You to Andromorphone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
AUSTIN3:16
Old
#3  
AUSTIN3:16's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 87
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromorphone View Post
you'll want to use fastboot to flash these, as follows (and make sure phone is in bootloader and says "fastboot usb" in red, not just "fastboot") :

for recovery :
"fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img"

and for kernel (aka boot.img):
"fastboot flash boot bootimgfilename.img"

omit the quotation marks, and use the correct file names, not the placeholders I provided.

also these both assume the boot & recovery img files are in the same folder as fastboot & adb on your pc.

where did you come across a stock recovery for the tmo m8?
Thanks for your help! Everything worked but still having problems with radio.img not flashing.
Here is the link to the stock recovery, boot, & radio.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714456
 
Andromorphone
Old
#4  
Andromorphone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 168
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN3:16 View Post
Thanks for your help! Everything worked but still having problems with radio.img not flashing.
Here is the link to the stock recovery, boot, & radio.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714456
no problem I'm curious though, what other set of radios did you/could you have flashed to necessitate flashing back to the original tmo radios? a set from another device maybe?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
titty much protally fit-shaced
 
AUSTIN3:16
Old
#5  
AUSTIN3:16's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 87
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromorphone View Post
no problem I'm curious though, what other set of radios did you/could you have flashed to necessitate flashing back to the original tmo radios? a set from another device maybe?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I had done a full conversion to GPe which flashes the radio for GPe devices so I wanted to return to a Sense stock rooted OP.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes