Need some help!

OP AUSTIN3:16

19th April 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 9

89 posts
More
I just finished returning my T-Mobile M8 back to Sense from GPe and I would like the steps to flash the stock recovery & boot images. I already have the files I need but unsure of the command lines for adb. Also I tried flashing the T-Mo radio img file but it says failed after each try. My M8 is S-OFF, unlocked, SuperCid, & I currently have Busybox, Root, & TWRP recovery installed on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have searched several threads and no luck so far....
19th April 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 48

168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN3:16

I just finished returning my T-Mobile M8 back to Sense from GPe and I would like the steps to flash the stock recovery & boot images. I already have the files I need but unsure of the command lines for adb. Also I tried flashing the T-Mo radio img file but it says failed after each try. My M8 is S-OFF, unlocked, SuperCid, & I currently have Busybox, Root, & TWRP recovery installed on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have searched several threads and no luck so far....

you'll want to use fastboot to flash these, as follows (and make sure phone is in bootloader and says "fastboot usb" in red, not just "fastboot") :

for recovery :
"fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img"

and for kernel (aka boot.img):
"fastboot flash boot bootimgfilename.img"

omit the quotation marks, and use the correct file names, not the placeholders I provided.

also these both assume the boot & recovery img files are in the same folder as fastboot & adb on your pc.

where did you come across a stock recovery for the tmo m8?
Last edited by Andromorphone; 19th April 2014 at 02:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andromorphone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag San Antonio, TX

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromorphone

you'll want to use fastboot to flash these, as follows (and make sure phone is in bootloader and says "fastboot usb" in red, not just "fastboot") :

for recovery :
"fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img"

and for kernel (aka boot.img):
"fastboot flash boot bootimgfilename.img"

omit the quotation marks, and use the correct file names, not the placeholders I provided.

also these both assume the boot & recovery img files are in the same folder as fastboot & adb on your pc.

where did you come across a stock recovery for the tmo m8?

Thanks for your help! Everything worked but still having problems with radio.img not flashing.
Here is the link to the stock recovery, boot, & radio.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714456
19th April 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 48

168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN3:16

Thanks for your help! Everything worked but still having problems with radio.img not flashing.
Here is the link to the stock recovery, boot, & radio.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714456

no problem I'm curious though, what other set of radios did you/could you have flashed to necessitate flashing back to the original tmo radios? a set from another device maybe?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
19th April 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag San Antonio, TX

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromorphone

no problem I'm curious though, what other set of radios did you/could you have flashed to necessitate flashing back to the original tmo radios? a set from another device maybe?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I had done a full conversion to GPe which flashes the radio for GPe devices so I wanted to return to a Sense stock rooted OP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread