Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 42,709 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues with camera and sound

Tip us?

asksmity
Old
(Last edited by asksmity; 18th April 2014 at 04:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 245

DONATE TO ME
Default Issues with camera and sound

Upgraded from m7 to m8 last night. Being an m7 owner I understand sound and camera pretty well.

First thing I did was load up clash of clans at full volume. DISTORTION. Never had that on m7 but this is considerably louder. That bothers me however because even at full blast no distortion from m7.

Next I tested camera in low light. Main reason I stick to HTC. A picture that would normally be great with m7 is noisy city with m8.

So with that said is anyone else seeing this and anyone have suggestions or fixes?

I know it may seem silly to nit pick but I recommended HTC to a lot of people including myself and I'm feeling a bit let down and upset my credibility is questioned over it.

As a side note, everything else is solid on this device. I am happy with performance, screen, battery life, and build quality.

Just upset about the 2 features I really purchased this phone for being poor in comparison to the M7. Am I being over picky here or are these issues everyone is seeing?

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

luigi311
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by asksmity View Post
Upgraded from m7 to m8 last night. Being an m7 owner I understand sound and camera pretty well.

First thing I did was load up clash of clans at full volume. DISTORTION. Never had that on m7 but this is considerably louder. That bothers me however because even at full blast no distortion from m7.

Next I tested camera in low light. Main reason I stick to HTC. A picture that would normally be great with m7 is noisy city with m8.

So with that said is anyone else seeing this and anyone have suggestions or fixes?

I know it may seem silly to nit pick but I recommended HTC to a lot of people including myself and I'm feeling a bit let down and upset my credibility is questioned over it.

As a side note, everything else is solid on this device. I am happy with performance, screen, battery life, and build quality.

Just upset about the 2 features I really purchased this phone for being poor in comparison to the M7. Am I being over picky here or are these issues everyone is seeing?

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
Play a song with the speakers on max. If the m8 distorts more than the m7 u may have gotten a lemon. The m8 speaker isn't supposed to distort on max volume as much as the m7. Make sure u use a high quality song though none of that mp3 nonsense.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk