Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,157 Members 43,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't copy MP4?

Tip us?

moregadget
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Default [Q] Can't copy MP4?

Ok so I am pulling my hair out over something... I can't seem to copy any mp4 files to my device, can't copy them to the on board storage or the MicroSD. I get an error (on my computer) that while it can play video files but it can't play mp4 files...

What did I miss?

MG
Sprint HTC One M8 32GB
CID: SPCS_001
ROM: ViperOne 2.1.0
S-OFF: Firewater

Next time you're about to criticize someone’s work make sure you're ready to subject your work to the same criticism
- me

If you don't have time to dev, you should at least make time to read. If you don't have time to read, then you don't deserve to flash.
- user602

exad
Old
Thanks Meter 1401

DONATE TO ME
That message is just a warning. It should allow you to copy anyway.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 Everything Explained Thread

Ravenmtx
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Agreed. It should just be a warning and you should be able to copy anyway. If you still can't, are you using a program to transfer? You can just hook up the usb and treat it like a regular flash drive and you won't get any of those errors. Or you could use Airdoid

moregadget
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Ok so no it wasn't a warning but rather a couple different things. I must have flashed the sd card fix and then loaded a rom update or something that overwritten it. I re-did that and also discovered I had my MicroSD formatted incorrectly which was preventing me from copying files greater than 4gb so I am just out of it...

Thanks though...

MG
Sprint HTC One M8 32GB
CID: SPCS_001
ROM: ViperOne 2.1.0
S-OFF: Firewater

Next time you're about to criticize someone’s work make sure you're ready to subject your work to the same criticism
- me

If you don't have time to dev, you should at least make time to read. If you don't have time to read, then you don't deserve to flash.
- user602