SMS Error - Cause Code 0 Unknown

Search This thread

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
I am getting SMS Error - Cause Code Addr.Vcnt.,0

I have only experienced this on sending International txt messages but when you send a long txt msg your phone normally splits the txt messages into the allowed txt size for example you can write up to 160 per message and if you go over your phone splits it into seperate txt messages instead of 1 but I tried to send one long message internationally and got the error code instead of splitting the message.

I have even tried doing this on shorter messages right over 160 like 161 it still gives me the error code. This is the first phone I experienced this on other phones it would split the message.

Has anyone experienced this or is there a fix, I wonder if sprint is aware of the problem.

Last edited:

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
Ok I called sprint and they Identified the error code right away. Stating that error is when a network on the other end does not accept msg over a certain amount of characters.

So the cause of this is motorola not Sprint, they stated they intentionally did not put in the software for splitting the msgs automatically when going over a certain amount of characters it keeps it as one big message.

The issue has been reported to them by various customers already and have gotten no response back from motorola.

Hopefully we can get an update on this soon

kimmied2000

Jul 15, 2010
Try the handcent app. It will allow you to split messages. I'm using it on the photon now and it works great. Has a lot of customizable features, too. And, best of all, FREE!

girron

May 18, 2012
Ok I called sprint and they Identified the error code right away. Stating that error is when a network on the other end does not accept msg over a certain amount of characters.

So the cause of this is motorola not Sprint, they stated they intentionally did not put in the software for splitting the msgs automatically when going over a certain amount of characters it keeps it as one big message.

The issue has been reported to them by various customers already and have gotten no response back from motorola.

Hopefully we can get an update on this soon

It is sprint. I will be on the phone and sms someone and get this error back. I am literally texting only hi or hey or test while I am on the phone and it is getting a failed error code 0.