Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

how to remove incoming call with voice promts!!!

OP E46M3

18th April 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
whenever I get an incoming call with caller ID, a lady's voice would voice prompt who is calling and it's so loud!!!
I just switched from S4 to S5. I remembered it did the same thing on my S4 when I first got it but I was able to quickly disable it. But with the S5, I tried and tried and couldn't find a solution. I'm not in driving mode FYI...

Any idea??? Thansks!
18th April 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 108

457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M3

whenever I get an incoming call with caller ID, a lady's voice would voice prompt who is calling and it's so loud!!!
I just switched from S4 to S5. I remembered it did the same thing on my S4 when I first got it but I was able to quickly disable it. But with the S5, I tried and tried and couldn't find a solution. I'm not in driving mode FYI...

Any idea??? Thansks!

Check in settings> language and input. Might also want to check accessibility settings.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Last edited by tenxo; 18th April 2014 at 09:10 PM.
18th April 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenxo

Check in settings> language and input. Might also want to check accessibility settings.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

tried that too, no dice. I checked off everything already... but I"m still gettting the annoying voice prompt!
Last edited by E46M3; 18th April 2014 at 09:25 PM.
19th April 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

137 posts
More
Quote:

tried that too, no dice. I checked off everything already... but I"m still gettting the annoying voice prompt!

Did you install any app that requires access to "Accessibility"?
Some apps like Tasker requires you to enable accessibility and you will get a prompt that says "If you enable accessibility for that app, you won't be able to use talkback, air view.... etc...."

I remember that back in S4, it caused problems and made talkback becomes active from time to time even when it was unchecked due to a bug.
I don't know if you did change accessibility or not but just wanted to mention that.
19th April 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 604

1,599 posts
Quote:

Turn off hands free mode
The Following User Says Thank You to louforgiveno For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread