5,599,190 Members 36,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Latest OTA: 3.06.605.4] [Collection] HTC Droid DNA Firmware [Radio] [hboot] [RUU]

Tip us?

strabo231
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack_er4 View Post
Thanks for the reply buddy
I want s-off and remain unlocked.
I am on This Custom Rom with sense 6.0.
The Radio provided in the first post says [SENSE 5 RUU].
That's why I am asking Is it safe to update to this RUU (Radio).
And a tampered flag is there on my bootloader with red text warning on boot.
Updating to this RUU will remove all this freaky things ?

Thanks.
If you are s-off, and all you are trying to do is remove the tampered flags you can just run the latest version of moonshine. i realize its an s-off tool, and you are already s-off, but it's the simplest way.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonxda View Post
I'm still back on 2.04 and currently switched over to ATT from VZW and since then I haven't been getting 4g anymore in areas where I know there is 4G as people right next to me are getting it. I've been debating making the jump up to 3.06 but wanted to get folks thoughts first, thanks!
Unless someone else knows something I don't, there's no reason you couldn't update to 3.06. Moonshine works to s-off the new bootloader, and its rootable, so you're not losing anything by doing it

Di5cip1e
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My DNA has Moonshine S-off with hboot 1.33.4444 and the newest radio. I am trying to flash the zip to update my hboot to 1.54 while in fastboot. I am able to reboot my phone into the oem rebootRUU screen (black screen/silver HTC logo). The problem I keep running into is: "C:\Users\Sean>fastboot flash zip PL83IMG_3.06_hboot.zip error: cannot load 'PL83IMG_3.06_hboot.zip': Unknown error". No matter what I do, how many different downloads, re-names, etc. it will not flash any hboot or radio zips. Here's my question (after reading just about every page in this forum): Do I have to flash back to a stock recovery and wipe my phone as suggested under the RUU links in the original post? AND if I do so, will I retain S-off? I am hoping if I do this, I will be able to restore my nandroid of ViperDNA 3.5. I have spent a couple years now flashing roms and searching these forums, and this is my very first post. I am grateful for all the help I've received from all these hard working developers.

jstoba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anybody have the software for the DNA that came before this update? Thanks.
jstobaugh.54@gmail.com

strabo231
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You need to relock your bootloader. You won't be able to flash any ruu unlocked. You also won't lose s-off. You also do not need to be in ruu mode to flash it. You just need to be in fastboot mode from the bootloader.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstoba View Post
Does anybody have the software for the DNA that came before this update? Thanks.
jstobaugh.54@gmail.com
I'm assuming you are rooted and s-off?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strabo231 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Colomonster
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have flashed ruu's unlocked. No problem.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC dINC
MI
UI //MIUI.US
S-OFF Forever optional
//thanks unrEVOked team
ClockWork Recovery //Thanks CWM team
//Shout to ManUp456 digitalstylewars.com 203 indahaus

The Following User Says Thank You to Colomonster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Di5cip1e View Post
My DNA has Moonshine S-off with hboot 1.33.4444 and the newest radio. I am trying to flash the zip to update my hboot to 1.54 while in fastboot. I am able to reboot my phone into the oem rebootRUU screen (black screen/silver HTC logo). The problem I keep running into is: "C:\Users\Sean>fastboot flash zip PL83IMG_3.06_hboot.zip error: cannot load 'PL83IMG_3.06_hboot.zip': Unknown error". No matter what I do, how many different downloads, re-names, etc. it will not flash any hboot or radio zips. Here's my question (after reading just about every page in this forum): Do I have to flash back to a stock recovery and wipe my phone as suggested under the RUU links in the original post? AND if I do so, will I retain S-off? I am hoping if I do this, I will be able to restore my nandroid of ViperDNA 3.5. I have spent a couple years now flashing roms and searching these forums, and this is my very first post. I am grateful for all the help I've received from all these hard working developers.
Extract the img file out of the zip, boot into the fastboot USB screen and

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img

If that doesn't work instead of bootloader try hboot as the command, its been a while since I've flashed anything
The Following User Says Thank You to .torrented For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Di5cip1e
Old
(Last edited by Di5cip1e; Yesterday at 05:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
Extract the img file out of the zip, boot into the fastboot USB screen and

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img

If that doesn't work instead of bootloader try hboot as the command, its been a while since I've flashed anything
I tried your suggestion and got the same error. I also will clarify that I know Windows hides the extension of the file name and I have the zips (or now extracted img file) in the same directory as fastboot and adb. I really appreciate your help.

Here's a list of the commands:
update <filename>: reflash device from update.zip
flashall: flash boot + recovery + system
flash <partition> [ <filename> ]: write a file to a flash partition
erase <partition>: erase a flash partition
format <partition>: format a flash partition
getvar <variable>: display a bootloader variable
boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ]: download and boot kernel
flash:raw boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ]: create bootimage and flash it
devices: list all connected devices
continue: continue with autoboot
reboot: reboot device normally
reboot-bootloader: reboot device into bootloader
help: show this help message

mpappas87
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Di5cip1e View Post
Did you check the md5? Your zip might have gotten currupoted somehow.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to mpappas87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Di5cip1e
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah I checked the md5 and re-downloaded multiple times. I also tried a different hboot zip from another thread. I was thinking it may have something to do with permissions in Windows, but I made all users/system have full control. I have a feeling if I revert back to a stock recovery and ruu I will end up with the same error. I am just wanting to know if that will mess with my s-off. And I would like to avoid doing that if at all possible. I am doing all this because I've noticed the newer sense 6 ports suggest having the latest hboot.

Tags
bootloader, firmware, hboot, htc droid dna, radio