Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Freebie from Samsung!

Tip us?

Techngro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorettaa View Post
You have your point man, and we respect it. Actually I never spent $ on e-books, reading should be free.
Reading is free. It's the books that sometimes cost money.

Not all of the books I want to read are public domain. I don't mind paying for decent books. I'm not going to spend $20 on an ebook, but I don't mind spending a few dollars. I bought Hugh Howey's 'Silo' series for like $3 and it was worth every penny. On the other hand, I went out and bought 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' for $12 because all my friends swore by it, but I couldn't get past the first 50 pages. Just not my writing/reading style. Wish I could return it. lol

80% of my ebooks and audiobooks I get from the library anyway. I just finished the Dune audiobook last week, and now am reading the Dune Messiah ebook. I got both from the library via Overdrive.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T
Bought on Swappa, Blocked by T-Mobile
Given life again via Chainfire's RegionLock Away
Stock
Hyperdrive KK RLS3.1
Effortless ROM Rev 6

Kindle Fire
ROM: Back to Stock

2006: Samsung A900
2007: Original iPhone
2010: Nokia N900
2010: Moto Cliq
2011: HTC G2
2012: Galaxy S II
2012: Galaxy Note
The Following User Says Thank You to Techngro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I must say reading books should be free. Thanks for correcting it. I can see you're a bookworm and this freebies are for readers like you. Enjoy the freebies

Bataga
Old
Thanks Meter 692
Quote:
I must say reading books should be free. Thanks for correcting it. I can see you're a bookworm and this freebies are for readers like you. Enjoy the freebies
Shame on people charging money for spending their time writing books. Taking is free so phones should be free too?!? Dumb.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
"Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast!" \m/ \m/
Note N900T
i337 Gee Es Four
NexuS 10
Note i717
Note N900A w/ VIPER AUDIO!! (mp3 player )

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
You have your point, and I was wrong, but that was not I'm trying to say. Sorry about that.

Techngro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bataga View Post
Shame on people charging money for spending their time writing books. Taking is free so phones should be free too?!? Dumb.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I see you're from Lilburn. I was in Atlanta for a conference and decided to drive to Lilburn to visit some family. Nice drive, nice town (or city). I didn't get lost once, which made me very proud considering I am from NYC and don't drive that often.

Anywho...

Quote:
You have your point, and I was wrong, but that was not I'm trying to say. Sorry about that.
I know what you were trying to say. I seek out freebies every chance I can get too. I hardly ever turn down a free book, even if it's something I don't think i'll read. I got two free Audible audiobook credits that I am trying to decide what to use on (I was originally going to go with LOTR, but I only have two credits and don't want to have to pay for the third book.) I recently got 'Heart of Darkness' and 'A Princess of Mars' cause they were free on Amazon (along with the Audible audiobook free as well).

I live by two rules. Never look a gift horse in the mouth. And never turn down a free book.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T
Bought on Swappa, Blocked by T-Mobile
Given life again via Chainfire's RegionLock Away
Stock
Hyperdrive KK RLS3.1
Effortless ROM Rev 6

Kindle Fire
ROM: Back to Stock

2006: Samsung A900
2007: Original iPhone
2010: Nokia N900
2010: Moto Cliq