[Q] HELP! Dumbest mistake ever. Erased SD Card after taking OTA update, while rooted.

OP joshuaclogg

19th April 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I'm feeling way beyond stupid. I literally forgot that I rooted my phone, then downloaded the OTA in a haste being all excited about new stuff. So then I got stuck in a TWRP bootloop. Nice. So then like an idiot I was like oh ok well I have to restore now so I did that but still boot loop. So I thought ok well wipe data and fresh install of the rom on the storage. So I go to that and not realizing that I dont have a seperate storage, I erased everything. So now I am in a TWRP loop, with nothing to install from! What on earth can I do...?
19th April 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 917

1,580 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaclogg

I'm feeling way beyond stupid. I literally forgot that I rooted my phone, then downloaded the OTA in a haste being all excited about new stuff. So then I got stuck in a TWRP bootloop. Nice. So then like an idiot I was like oh ok well I have to restore now so I did that but still boot loop. So I thought ok well wipe data and fresh install of the rom on the storage. So I go to that and not realizing that I dont have a seperate storage, I erased everything. So now I am in a TWRP loop, with nothing to install from! What on earth can I do...?

Plug it in a and install via OTG http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607981
Last edited by shiftr182; 19th April 2014 at 05:57 AM.
19th April 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftr182

Plug it in a and install via OTG http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607981

Wowwww just simply put a rom on the thumb drive and install it using twrp after hooking thumb drive to phone? If so my goodness thank you so much I had no idea. Please feel good that you allowed one person to sleep much better tonight
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread