Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! Dumbest mistake ever. Erased SD Card after taking OTA update, while rooted.

Tip us?

joshuaclogg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] HELP! Dumbest mistake ever. Erased SD Card after taking OTA update, while rooted.

I'm feeling way beyond stupid. I literally forgot that I rooted my phone, then downloaded the OTA in a haste being all excited about new stuff. So then I got stuck in a TWRP bootloop. Nice. So then like an idiot I was like oh ok well I have to restore now so I did that but still boot loop. So I thought ok well wipe data and fresh install of the rom on the storage. So I go to that and not realizing that I dont have a seperate storage, I erased everything. So now I am in a TWRP loop, with nothing to install from! What on earth can I do...?

shiftr182
Old
(Last edited by shiftr182; 19th April 2014 at 05:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaclogg View Post
I'm feeling way beyond stupid. I literally forgot that I rooted my phone, then downloaded the OTA in a haste being all excited about new stuff. So then I got stuck in a TWRP bootloop. Nice. So then like an idiot I was like oh ok well I have to restore now so I did that but still boot loop. So I thought ok well wipe data and fresh install of the rom on the storage. So I go to that and not realizing that I dont have a seperate storage, I erased everything. So now I am in a TWRP loop, with nothing to install from! What on earth can I do...?
Plug it in a and install via OTG http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607981

joshuaclogg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftr182 View Post

Wowwww just simply put a rom on the thumb drive and install it using twrp after hooking thumb drive to phone? If so my goodness thank you so much I had no idea. Please feel good that you allowed one person to sleep much better tonight