Ask a question

No registration required

Help! Root gone bad!

OP sixtoedgunmonkey

19th April 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
So, I installed Kingo 1.2.2.1915, installed Samsung drivers, and Kingo would not root the device, it kept saying USB debugging was off, and I verified several times it was on. So I went the Vroot method and it rooted in 3 seconds (seriously). I was surprised it went so fast. I was able to install Safestrap successfully, but after I rebooted (and can see Safestrap recovery on reboot), the phone no longer has root. I tried rooting again using either Kingo or Vroot, now neither app will detect my device. They both behave like USB debugging is off, but it's clearly on. Otherwise, the device works fine. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
19th April 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #2  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,166

1,251 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtoedgunmonkey

So, I installed Kingo 1.2.2.1915, installed Samsung drivers, and Kingo would not root the device, it kept saying USB debugging was off, and I verified several times it was on. So I went the Vroot method and it rooted in 3 seconds (seriously). I was surprised it went so fast. I was able to install Safestrap successfully, but after I rebooted (and can see Safestrap recovery on reboot), the phone no longer has root. I tried rooting again using either Kingo or Vroot, now neither app will detect my device. They both behave like USB debugging is off, but it's clearly on. Otherwise, the device works fine. Any thoughts?

Try downloading Chainfires flashable supersu zip from here and install it in safestrap.
19th April 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Thanks! Worked like a champ!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread