Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 37,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Root gone bad!

Tip us?

sixtoedgunmonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help! Root gone bad!

So, I installed Kingo 1.2.2.1915, installed Samsung drivers, and Kingo would not root the device, it kept saying USB debugging was off, and I verified several times it was on. So I went the Vroot method and it rooted in 3 seconds (seriously). I was surprised it went so fast. I was able to install Safestrap successfully, but after I rebooted (and can see Safestrap recovery on reboot), the phone no longer has root. I tried rooting again using either Kingo or Vroot, now neither app will detect my device. They both behave like USB debugging is off, but it's clearly on. Otherwise, the device works fine. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtoedgunmonkey View Post
So, I installed Kingo 1.2.2.1915, installed Samsung drivers, and Kingo would not root the device, it kept saying USB debugging was off, and I verified several times it was on. So I went the Vroot method and it rooted in 3 seconds (seriously). I was surprised it went so fast. I was able to install Safestrap successfully, but after I rebooted (and can see Safestrap recovery on reboot), the phone no longer has root. I tried rooting again using either Kingo or Vroot, now neither app will detect my device. They both behave like USB debugging is off, but it's clearly on. Otherwise, the device works fine. Any thoughts?

Try downloading Chainfires flashable supersu zip from here and install it in safestrap.

sixtoedgunmonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks! Worked like a champ!