Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to add more home screens?

Tip us?

AUSTIN3:16
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default How to add more home screens?

Does anyone know how to add more home screens? I have my M8 converted to full GPe and I don't see an option to add more home screens. I checked in settings/display and no option is there.

Zynesterysdan
Old
Thanks Meter 22
If memory serves me correctly, try taking an app from the drawer, hold it, and then when it goes to the homescreen, hold it to the left or right edge of the screen as if there were another page there. I think it automatically creates one if you have an app that your holding.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zynesterysdan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Andyw2100
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN3:16 View Post
Does anyone know how to add more home screens? I have my M8 converted to full GPe and I don't see an option to add more home screens. I checked in settings/display and no option is there.
Settings/Personalize/Manage Home Screen Pages

Then just move to your right most page, and click the "+ Panel" on the partial screen to the right of that one.

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
Settings>Personalize>Manage Home Screen

Raech
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynesterysdan View Post
If memory serves me correctly, try taking an app from the drawer, hold it, and then when it goes to the homescreen, hold it to the left or right edge of the screen as if there were another page there. I think it automatically creates one if you have an app that your holding.
Yep. This is how I do it

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
HTC One M8 in gunmetal Android 4.4.2 stock with Sense 6.0
Google Nexus 7 2012 (16GB - I won it from a forum during CES) stock

MCube74
Old
Thanks Meter 14
With Google Play Edittion you can have many home screens.

With Sense you can only have max 6 (including blinkfeed). Is there any way to increase to say 9 home screens. Do any custom roms have this option?

Ruxin
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCube74 View Post
With Google Play Edittion you can have many home screens.

With Sense you can only have max 6 (including blinkfeed). Is there any way to increase to say 9 home screens. Do any custom roms have this option?
If you want that many home screens you could always use a custom launcher like Nova. And although you can't have Blinkfeed as one of the screens there is a pretty easy workaround to make it accessible from any of the home screens.

Either add a shortcut (Activity) on a screen to the HTC Launcher after deleting all but the Blinkfeed page, or even more convenient, set the Activity as a gesture launch action.