Post Reply

How to add more home screens?

16th April 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #1  
AUSTIN3:16's Avatar
OP Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 9
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Does anyone know how to add more home screens? I have my M8 converted to full GPe and I don't see an option to add more home screens. I checked in settings/display and no option is there.
16th April 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
If memory serves me correctly, try taking an app from the drawer, hold it, and then when it goes to the homescreen, hold it to the left or right edge of the screen as if there were another page there. I think it automatically creates one if you have an app that your holding.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zynesterysdan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN3:16

Does anyone know how to add more home screens? I have my M8 converted to full GPe and I don't see an option to add more home screens. I checked in settings/display and no option is there.

Settings/Personalize/Manage Home Screen Pages

Then just move to your right most page, and click the "+ Panel" on the partial screen to the right of that one.
16th April 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 23
 
384 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Settings>Personalize>Manage Home Screen
16th April 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #5  
Raech's Avatar
Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 4
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynesterysdan

If memory serves me correctly, try taking an app from the drawer, hold it, and then when it goes to the homescreen, hold it to the left or right edge of the screen as if there were another page there. I think it automatically creates one if you have an app that your holding.

Yep. This is how I do it

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
16th April 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
165 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
With Google Play Edittion you can have many home screens.

With Sense you can only have max 6 (including blinkfeed). Is there any way to increase to say 9 home screens. Do any custom roms have this option?
19th April 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCube74

With Google Play Edittion you can have many home screens.

With Sense you can only have max 6 (including blinkfeed). Is there any way to increase to say 9 home screens. Do any custom roms have this option?

If you want that many home screens you could always use a custom launcher like Nova. And although you can't have Blinkfeed as one of the screens there is a pretty easy workaround to make it accessible from any of the home screens.

Either add a shortcut (Activity) on a screen to the HTC Launcher after deleting all but the Blinkfeed page, or even more convenient, set the Activity as a gesture launch action.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One (M8) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank