Default [Q] Ditching my cell phone for a tablet

This may be a hopeless endeauver; I have been searching around online for the past couple days but I just cannot find any solution to what I am trying to accomplish. I also am not sure what exactly I should be searching for so I apologize if this has been answered multiple times. I basically want to get rid of my cell phone and replace it with a tablet.

I am on Sprint and I currently have an HTC One. I would ideally like to be able to take the SIM card from my phone and use it in a tablet that supports it. I am unsure if this is even possible, however I do know that the Samsung Galaxy Note III 7" and Note II 10" work on Sprint but would they work with my current phones SIM?

I very rarely actually use my phone as a phone, and when I do place calls it is usually from my home PC. I use Google Voice with my Sprint number to place calls and text message so just being able to carry a tablet around with access to the Sprint 4G/LTE data network is all I really care about, not so much the voice network. Am I just crazy or can I actually acomplish this?