LTE fix on d2LTE Roms

Search This thread

UrbanRunnerX

Mar 21, 2013
This is my first tutorial that worked for me. Majority of us all have been having LTE issues with these d2LTE Roms and this fix has worked for me been over a week strong now.

Install or revert back to a Touchwiz or any ROM that you had LTE working on.

Download 'APNs Backup' sorry I didn't post a link. You may have to install busybox, I had to for it to work. If you have to then make sure you reboot.

Allow SU permissing ,then choose where you want to save Internal or External. Then reboot to recovery and restore the ROM having LTE issues.

Reinstall 'APNs Backup', give SU permission and choose the location you backed up your APN as stated above and click restore.

After your restore reboot your phone, if LTE is not working make sure in your mobile settings that CDMA+LTE is chosen then reboot.

By now your LTE should be working. Those are the steps I took and my LTE has been strong since, working so far for over a week, and this is working on 4.4.2 Roms.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope this has worked for you as it has me, once I get computer access I'll post the link to the app for quicker access.

Link to app:
APNs Backup

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

_newb_

Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
Hi, im having the LTE issue as well.
I read the APN Backup & Restore description and it says the app must be converted to a system app before it works.
Did you have to do this?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

UrbanRunnerX

Mar 21, 2013
No, I had trouble with 'APN Backup & Restore, there is a app called 'APNs Backup' just search what I have in the quotes, The 'APN Backup & Restore' app doesn't work at least for me, I've tried converting to system app in every way possible, and I get a error while trying to back it up. Let me get a link for 'APNs Backup' then all you have to do is follow my tutorial, you don't have to convert anything with mine steps

Mr. Struck

May 20, 2013
Longmont, Colorado
I read the APN Backup & Restore description and it says the app must be converted to a system app before it works.
Did you have to do this?

On KitKat you have to move the app to /system/priv-app, not /system/app for it to work properly. Straight from the description on Play Store.

_newb_

Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
Oh okay. I found "APNsBU" when searching in quotes. I don't see any special requirements there, besides BusyBox.

I saw the info about 4.4 but was asking about the NOTE below that in the description.

I will give one or both of these a try and report back what I discover.

_newb_

Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
I can confirm this works. Took a bit to bring up my LTE connection after following the process, but I now have LTE. Works on an hlte (Sprint Note 3) with SlimKat 4.2.

Sent from my hlte using Tapatalk

nh2123

Apr 18, 2011
After trying this with CM11, I keep getting the error "com.phone.android" has stopped. Then my signal goes out. As soon as it comes back the same error message. Anyone with any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: t1nk

UrbanRunnerX

Mar 21, 2013
Must be the ROM because I've tried this on a few Roms and it worked for me

t1nk

Oct 30, 2011
Bourne,MA
After trying this with CM11, I keep getting the error "com.phone.android" has stopped. Then my signal goes out. As soon as it comes back the same error message. Anyone with any ideas?

Same happened to me I would just wait cuz they're merging a fix for the lte.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

kalala

Mar 25, 2010
Same happened to me I would just wait cuz they're merging a fix for the lte.

Any clue how long it will be? Most of us have had this issue for a few weeks now and this back up APN app hasn't quite panned out for me. I'd rather just rely on a reliable fix from the dev.

Was it just recently announced with no ETA or is it something that was announced some time ago and we are getting closer to a release?

lvpre

Jun 23, 2011
Any clue how long it will be? Most of us have had this issue for a few weeks now and this back up APN app hasn't quite panned out for me. I'd rather just rely on a reliable fix from the dev.

Was it just recently announced with no ETA or is it something that was announced some time ago and we are getting closer to a release?

Fix just got merged. Should be in the 17th or 18th nightly.

Reactions: kalala

kalala

Mar 25, 2010

Perfect. Thanks.

The past few days put me in a dark place. I decided that I had had enough of nightlies and debated going back to a the stock 4.3 ROM with root. I was ready for Touchwiz but also a better camera (I've heard CM will never have the same quality because of proprietary drivers) and finally LTE.

No LTE does that you....:silly:

cloead

Oct 31, 2007
Just did this fix and now I get "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" every 2 seconds..=/

Beejis

Nov 14, 2008
Washington
Make sure if you are installing the new cm11 nightly with the merged fix you do a clean install otherwise it may not work.

No4g4Me

Jan 13, 2012

ok how i did it was go back to jelly bean activate 4g update prl and profile and back up apn...then back to kitkat install apn app and then convert apn app into a system app then reboot phone then activate lte 4g and delete apn and then restore apn then reboot phone. good luck try that.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

oh also theres a menu in the corner of the apn app select it and check the ics check skip so the apn app can do its thing i had issues with it denying me deletes and restores so this worked after for me.

nh2123

Apr 18, 2011
I'm still having this issue, even after a clean install of the 04/28 nightly. I am on Ting. Would this affect anything? When I switch to LTE mode in mobile networks, LTE flashes to the left of the signal for a split second then disappears. Anyone?

shwise

Dec 18, 2013
Are we good to update yet?

Could you let me know if the fix has been merged yet for Verizon phones? I'm excited to try 4.4.3 and the new theme chooser, but use my phone for work, and wouldn't want to break it at any cost.
Thank you!

Reactions: shwaka

danielpsx

Apr 17, 2014
houston
i have a question, i cant edit the apn settings, i have tried the apn backup, made it a system app, move it to system/priv-app and it can backup and restore apn even on 4.4.2 firmware, the point is, whenever i edit the xml file with my carrier parameters and restore the apn the list of apn just deletes, theres nothing there, but if i restore the original xml file (sprint apn) the lista of apn appears, i have tried other workaround, i have installed the shortcut maker, made the apn shortcut and it will let me see the apn list, but it doesnt let me edit or add a new apn. please help...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first tutorial that worked for me. Majority of us all have been having LTE issues with these d2LTE Roms and this fix has worked for me been over a week strong now.

Install or revert back to a Touchwiz or any ROM that you had LTE working on.

Download 'APNs Backup' sorry I didn't post a link. You may have to install busybox, I had to for it to work. If you have to then make sure you reboot.

Allow SU permissing ,then choose where you want to save Internal or External. Then reboot to recovery and restore the ROM having LTE issues.

Reinstall 'APNs Backup', give SU permission and choose the location you backed up your APN as stated above and click restore.

After your restore reboot your phone, if LTE is not working make sure in your mobile settings that CDMA+LTE is chosen then reboot.

By now your LTE should be working. Those are the steps I took and my LTE has been strong since, working so far for over a week, and this is working on 4.4.2 Roms.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope this has worked for you as it has me, once I get computer access I'll post the link to the app for quicker access.

Link to app:
    APNs Backup

Did you have to do this?

On KitKat you have to move the app to /system/priv-app, not /system/app for it to work properly. Straight from the description on Play Store.

Sounds like more then what I had to.