Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Removable plastic protector on the backside?

Tip us?
 
Cfager
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default [Q] Removable plastic protector on the backside?

On the other Xperia Z devises I've had the fabric mounted shatterproof plastic were easy to remove on both the front andoor back. Good since they get scratched really fast.

On my compact it just doesn't seem to be any plastic to peel off. Anyone know about this?
 
trewelu
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 96
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfager View Post
On the other Xperia Z devises I've had the fabric mounted shatterproof plastic were easy to remove on both the front andoor back. Good since they get scratched really fast.

On my compact it just doesn't seem to be any plastic to peel off. Anyone know about this?
There is no ASF in the back of compact. Additionally some people report the back is easily scratched
 
arxx
Old
#3  
arxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 126
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewelu View Post
There is no ASF in the back of compact. Additionally some people report the back is easily scratched
Thanks
 
filthyfnj24
Old
#4  
filthyfnj24's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 458
Join Date: Jul 2009
Shoot. I wish I would have known this sooner. The back of my phone has a few scratches but I didn't worry about it because I thought it was the asf. I think I might try to replace the back with the glass panel.
SVT Evita
 
iron3001
Old
(Last edited by iron3001; 17th April 2014 at 02:00 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyfnj24 View Post
Shoot. I wish I would have known this sooner. The back of my phone has a few scratches but I didn't worry about it because I thought it was the asf. I think I might try to replace the back with the glass panel.
I have the same thought as you, and right now mine is heavily scratch. I think I just install the TG on the back panel since replace it with a glass one is so damn complicated.
 
LotoTutu
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 133
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyfnj24 View Post
Shoot. I wish I would have known this sooner. The back of my phone has a few scratches but I didn't worry about it because I thought it was the asf. I think I might try to replace the back with the glass panel.
Z1 f back cover is a glass panel with an asf, which is compatible with Z1 compact.
ASF can keep scratches away from the back cover but it can't anti scratches itself. So you'd better put a back protector flim if you don't like the scratches.
I found the other thread talking about the Xperia Z1 compact back cover and Xperia Z1f back cover. You can know more about their different from that.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more