Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 46,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Removable plastic protector on the backside?

Tip us?

Cfager
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Removable plastic protector on the backside?

On the other Xperia Z devises I've had the fabric mounted shatterproof plastic were easy to remove on both the front andoor back. Good since they get scratched really fast.

On my compact it just doesn't seem to be any plastic to peel off. Anyone know about this?

trewelu
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfager View Post
On the other Xperia Z devises I've had the fabric mounted shatterproof plastic were easy to remove on both the front andoor back. Good since they get scratched really fast.

On my compact it just doesn't seem to be any plastic to peel off. Anyone know about this?
There is no ASF in the back of compact. Additionally some people report the back is easily scratched

arxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewelu View Post
There is no ASF in the back of compact. Additionally some people report the back is easily scratched
Thanks

filthyfnj24
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Shoot. I wish I would have known this sooner. The back of my phone has a few scratches but I didn't worry about it because I thought it was the asf. I think I might try to replace the back with the glass panel.
SVT Evita

iron3001
Old
(Last edited by iron3001; 17th April 2014 at 02:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyfnj24 View Post
Shoot. I wish I would have known this sooner. The back of my phone has a few scratches but I didn't worry about it because I thought it was the asf. I think I might try to replace the back with the glass panel.
I have the same thought as you, and right now mine is heavily scratch. I think I just install the TG on the back panel since replace it with a glass one is so damn complicated.

LotoTutu
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyfnj24 View Post
Z1 f back cover is a glass panel with an asf, which is compatible with Z1 compact.
ASF can keep scratches away from the back cover but it can't anti scratches itself. So you'd better put a back protector flim if you don't like the scratches.
I found the other thread talking about the Xperia Z1 compact back cover and Xperia Z1f back cover. You can know more about their different from that.