Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Note 2 7100 -I don't know where to start to diagnose

Tip us?

iosua2002
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Note 2 7100 -I don't know where to start to diagnose

Hi

I recently bought a Galaxy note 2 7100 phone.After i bought it(second hand) i found out it was rooted.Following some guidance from YOUTUBE i unrooted the phone(first to mention ,i installed the official Vodafone Ireland stock ROM), but the network wasn't working.I said to my self that maybe ODIN and the official software wasn't a full success so i did was to go in Recovery mode and wipe the cache and data/factory reset.
I restarted and it went straight into German language initial setup.I opted to English language.But same thing:network wasn't working(the phone could see the SIM, i was able to choose the signal from different providers(i picked Vodafone of course)but no signal.
When i unrooted again, the process froze at the stage where the software is installed on the phone with just a little blue line progress.
I tried multiple times to repeat the process with no success.
I cant use recovery mode since it goes to "firmware upgrade encountered an issue".
I tried yesterday with a British version of the official Vodafone stock rom and was freezing at the same tiny blue line when starting to install the software on the phone.
This morning i tried again with the Vodafone official Ireland stock rom and now isn't showing at all the blue progress line.
I use Odin v3.09 and MK4_VDI\N7100XXUEMK9_N7100VFGEMK4_N7100BUUEMK2_HOM E.tar.md5.To summarize from ODIN:
"
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7100XXUEMK9_N7100VFGEMK4_N7100BUUEMK2_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> boot.img "

on the screen of the phone is written as the following:

" Product name :gt-n7100;
Custom Binary donload: YES(1counts)
Current Binary :Samsung Official
System Status; Custom
Knox Warranty Void: 0
RP SWREV; A2 "

I dont know what to do next.I would love to use the phone. Thank you

goodoane
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Why don't you install the original rom true kies?..

edan1979
Old
Thanks Meter 765

DONATE TO ME
Its state there it was a N7100 which usually means it was International Note 2... you cant install a branded firmware on it since the baseband use are different... try downloading normal official firmware

Mufrad
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by iosua2002 View Post
Hi

I recently bought a Galaxy note 2 7100 phone.After i bought it(second hand) i found out it was rooted.Following some guidance from YOUTUBE i unrooted the phone(first to mention ,i installed the official Vodafone Ireland stock ROM), but the network wasn't working.I said to my self that maybe ODIN and the official software wasn't a full success so i did was to go in Recovery mode and wipe the cache and data/factory reset.
I restarted and it went straight into German language initial setup.I opted to English language.But same thing:network wasn't working(the phone could see the SIM, i was able to choose the signal from different providers(i picked Vodafone of course)but no signal.
When i unrooted again, the process froze at the stage where the software is installed on the phone with just a little blue line progress.
I tried multiple times to repeat the process with no success.
I cant use recovery mode since it goes to "firmware upgrade encountered an issue".
I tried yesterday with a British version of the official Vodafone stock rom and was freezing at the same tiny blue line when starting to install the software on the phone.
This morning i tried again with the Vodafone official Ireland stock rom and now isn't showing at all the blue progress line.
I use Odin v3.09 and MK4_VDI\N7100XXUEMK9_N7100VFGEMK4_N7100BUUEMK2_HOM E.tar.md5.To summarize from ODIN:
"
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7100XXUEMK9_N7100VFGEMK4_N7100BUUEMK2_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> boot.img "

on the screen of the phone is written as the following:

" Product name :gt-n7100;
Custom Binary donload: YES(1counts)
Current Binary :Samsung Official
System Status; Custom
Knox Warranty Void: 0
RP SWREV; A2 "

I dont know what to do next.I would love to use the phone. Thank you
Download and install latest international rom from sammobile, your issue will be resolved.
GALAXY NOTE 3 - DR.KETAN'S CCR K8.1
GALAXY NOTE 2 - DN3 V5+
SONY MT25 - ROOTED CUSTOM ICS

iosua2002
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kies install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoane View Post
Why don't you install the original rom true kies?..
What do you mean by Kies install? i have seen the Tool section but i haven't tried that way.How would i use Kies to install an official ROM?