No registration required

[Q] Samsung Note 2 7100 -I don't know where to start to diagnose

OP iosua2002

17th April 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi

I recently bought a Galaxy note 2 7100 phone.After i bought it(second hand) i found out it was rooted.Following some guidance from YOUTUBE i unrooted the phone(first to mention ,i installed the official Vodafone Ireland stock ROM), but the network wasn't working.I said to my self that maybe ODIN and the official software wasn't a full success so i did was to go in Recovery mode and wipe the cache and data/factory reset.
I restarted and it went straight into German language initial setup.I opted to English language.But same thing:network wasn't working(the phone could see the SIM, i was able to choose the signal from different providers(i picked Vodafone of course)but no signal.
When i unrooted again, the process froze at the stage where the software is installed on the phone with just a little blue line progress.
I tried multiple times to repeat the process with no success.
I cant use recovery mode since it goes to "firmware upgrade encountered an issue".
I tried yesterday with a British version of the official Vodafone stock rom and was freezing at the same tiny blue line when starting to install the software on the phone.
This morning i tried again with the Vodafone official Ireland stock rom and now isn't showing at all the blue progress line.
I use Odin v3.09 and MK4_VDI\N7100XXUEMK9_N7100VFGEMK4_N7100BUUEMK2_HOM E.tar.md5.To summarize from ODIN:
"
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7100XXUEMK9_N7100VFGEMK4_N7100BUUEMK2_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> boot.img "

on the screen of the phone is written as the following:

" Product name :gt-n7100;
Custom Binary donload: YES(1counts)
Current Binary :Samsung Official
System Status; Custom
Knox Warranty Void: 0
RP SWREV; A2 "

I dont know what to do next.I would love to use the phone. Thank you
18th April 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 120

221 posts
Why don't you install the original rom true kies?..
18th April 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #3  
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 887

2,308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its state there it was a N7100 which usually means it was International Note 2... you cant install a branded firmware on it since the baseband use are different... try downloading normal official firmware
19th April 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #4  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 61

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iosua2002

Hi

I recently bought a Galaxy note 2 7100 phone.After i bought it(second hand) i found out it was rooted.Following some guidance from YOUTUBE i unrooted the phone(first to mention ,i installed the official Vodafone Ireland stock ROM), but the network wasn't working.I said to my self that maybe ODIN and the official software wasn't a full success so i did was to go in Recovery mode and wipe the cache and data/factory reset.
I restarted and it went straight into German language initial setup.I opted to English language.But same thing:network wasn't working(the phone could see the SIM, i was able to choose the signal from different providers(i picked Vodafone of course)but no signal.
When i unrooted again, the process froze at the stage where the software is installed on the phone with just a little blue line progress.
I tried multiple times to repeat the process with no success.
I cant use recovery mode since it goes to "firmware upgrade encountered an issue".
I tried yesterday with a British version of the official Vodafone stock rom and was freezing at the same tiny blue line when starting to install the software on the phone.
This morning i tried again with the Vodafone official Ireland stock rom and now isn't showing at all the blue progress line.
I use Odin v3.09 and MK4_VDI\N7100XXUEMK9_N7100VFGEMK4_N7100BUUEMK2_HOM E.tar.md5.To summarize from ODIN:
"
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7100XXUEMK9_N7100VFGEMK4_N7100BUUEMK2_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> boot.img "

on the screen of the phone is written as the following:

" Product name :gt-n7100;
Custom Binary donload: YES(1counts)
Current Binary :Samsung Official
System Status; Custom
Knox Warranty Void: 0
RP SWREV; A2 "

I dont know what to do next.I would love to use the phone. Thank you

Download and install latest international rom from sammobile, your issue will be resolved.
19th April 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Kies install?
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoane

Why don't you install the original rom true kies?..

What do you mean by Kies install? i have seen the Tool section but i haven't tried that way.How would i use Kies to install an official ROM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread