Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] third party roms wont install

OP surround hacker

15th April 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag edmonton
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
does anyone know what could cause the fact that i cant flash any kernels or roms onto my wildfire s. It is rooted and unlocked flashed with clockwork recovery. I just need something to speed it up a bit its too laggy.
15th April 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Howrah
Thanks Meter: 35

127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surround hacker

does anyone know what could cause the fact that i cant flash any kernels or roms onto my wildfire s. It is rooted and unlocked flashed with clockwork recovery. I just need something to speed it up a bit its too laggy.

Could you be a bit elaborate.......like what ROM you tried to install and exactly how you tried to install it. It would help.
15th April 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag edmonton

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aWFSuser

Could you be a bit elaborate.......like what ROM you tried to install and exactly how you tried to install it. It would help.

i used clockwork and rom manager to try to install, as well as made sure all the caches were cleaned

dust kernel 8.8 to 9.0

coolglass v.1

superior sence v4 deodex
16th April 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #4  
Flag Howrah

127 posts
More
Quote:

i used clockwork and rom manager to try to install, as well as made sure all the caches were cleaned

dust kernel 8.8 to 9.0

coolglass v.1

superior sence v4 deodex

you may try to install it through the recovery. Download the zip file, go into recovery, wipe data & cache, install the zip and reboot. See if it works.
By the way your device is not CDMA right because the rom you tried will not work there. Also by not installing what exactly happens?
16th April 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag edmonton

11 posts
More
Quote:

you may try to install it through the recovery. Download the zip file, go into recovery, wipe data & cache, install the zip and reboot. See if it works.
By the way your device is not CDMA right because the rom you tried will not work there. Also by not installing what exactly happens?

i used both and i dont believe its cdma it is a sim phone unlocked and im useing it on a another provider.( it was on bell but im useing on telus up here in canada)
17th April 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #6  
Flag Howrah

127 posts
More
Quote:

i used both and i dont believe its cdma it is a sim phone unlocked and im useing it on a another provider.( it was on bell but im useing on telus up here in canada)

So by not installing what happens? When you install it it shows some error? Or it installs but would not boot? Also if it shows some error in recovery please mention it. And another way is to try another recovery like TWRP.
18th April 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag edmonton

11 posts
More
Quote:

So by not installing what happens? When you install it it shows some error? Or it installs but would not boot? Also if it shows some error in recovery please mention it. And another way is to try another recovery like TWRP.

it installs as far as i can tell and when the device reboots it stays on the htc boot screen and says nothing more then htc. No errors pop up no bricking nothing
19th April 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #8  
Flag Howrah

127 posts
More
Quote:

it installs as far as i can tell and when the device reboots it stays on the htc boot screen and says nothing more then htc. No errors pop up no bricking nothing

It is bricking but just soft bricking. At first it should take some time during first boot but not more than 5-10 minutes. Are you sure you gave that time. and another alternative would to try with a different ROM. For gingerbread you may try sense 3.5 or any other rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread