Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] third party roms wont install

Tip us?

surround hacker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] third party roms wont install

does anyone know what could cause the fact that i cant flash any kernels or roms onto my wildfire s. It is rooted and unlocked flashed with clockwork recovery. I just need something to speed it up a bit its too laggy.

aWFSuser
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by surround hacker View Post
does anyone know what could cause the fact that i cant flash any kernels or roms onto my wildfire s. It is rooted and unlocked flashed with clockwork recovery. I just need something to speed it up a bit its too laggy.
Could you be a bit elaborate.......like what ROM you tried to install and exactly how you tried to install it. It would help.

surround hacker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aWFSuser View Post
Could you be a bit elaborate.......like what ROM you tried to install and exactly how you tried to install it. It would help.
i used clockwork and rom manager to try to install, as well as made sure all the caches were cleaned

dust kernel 8.8 to 9.0

coolglass v.1

superior sence v4 deodex

aWFSuser
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
i used clockwork and rom manager to try to install, as well as made sure all the caches were cleaned

dust kernel 8.8 to 9.0

coolglass v.1

superior sence v4 deodex
you may try to install it through the recovery. Download the zip file, go into recovery, wipe data & cache, install the zip and reboot. See if it works.
By the way your device is not CDMA right because the rom you tried will not work there. Also by not installing what exactly happens?

surround hacker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
you may try to install it through the recovery. Download the zip file, go into recovery, wipe data & cache, install the zip and reboot. See if it works.
By the way your device is not CDMA right because the rom you tried will not work there. Also by not installing what exactly happens?
i used both and i dont believe its cdma it is a sim phone unlocked and im useing it on a another provider.( it was on bell but im useing on telus up here in canada)

aWFSuser
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
i used both and i dont believe its cdma it is a sim phone unlocked and im useing it on a another provider.( it was on bell but im useing on telus up here in canada)

So by not installing what happens? When you install it it shows some error? Or it installs but would not boot? Also if it shows some error in recovery please mention it. And another way is to try another recovery like TWRP.

surround hacker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
So by not installing what happens? When you install it it shows some error? Or it installs but would not boot? Also if it shows some error in recovery please mention it. And another way is to try another recovery like TWRP.
it installs as far as i can tell and when the device reboots it stays on the htc boot screen and says nothing more then htc. No errors pop up no bricking nothing

aWFSuser
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
it installs as far as i can tell and when the device reboots it stays on the htc boot screen and says nothing more then htc. No errors pop up no bricking nothing
It is bricking but just soft bricking. At first it should take some time during first boot but not more than 5-10 minutes. Are you sure you gave that time. and another alternative would to try with a different ROM. For gingerbread you may try sense 3.5 or any other rom.