[Guide][Flash] How to play flash video on Android 4.4 Kitkat

Search This thread

londoner14

Apr 17, 2014
playing amazon prime on sg note pro 12.2

Hi
I have installed Dolphin, got flashplayer to work(tested it on flashplayer site) but amazon prime video still says it doesnt play on this device. Where am I going wrong?
Thanks for any help

londoner14

Apr 17, 2014
silverlight only on amazon uk

Thanks, Im still struggling with Amazon Prime instant video, there is no option on amazon uk to choose Flash instead of Sliverlight so having got dolphin etc working am now completely stuck again as I have no option but to install silverlight which I obviously cant do.
Is there a way round this? I have seen the suggestion to type in ? player=flash to the right of the ASIN in the url BUT i cant find the ASIN!
It is not in product details.
Help anyone?

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
Try running dolphin in desktop mode, and then reload the URL (or load amazon directly, then go to the prime site) and see if there is an ASIN then. I so, then try your hack.

I've never done this, but I'm taking a wild stab in the dark thinking that maybe you'll only see ASIN in the URL when it is being sent to a browser with a desktop user agent....

Reactions: londoner14

londoner14

Apr 17, 2014
Try running dolphin in desktop mode, and then reload the URL (or load amazon directly, then go to the prime site) and see if there is an ASIN then. I so, then try your hack.

I've never done this, but I'm taking a wild stab in the dark thinking that maybe you'll only see ASIN in the URL when it is being sent to a browser with a desktop user agent....

Thanks John but I was already in desktop mode as this is required just to get to stage before playing video. I have tried different browsers, different devices and still cant get the ASIN. Im very grateful for the replies anyway as I seem to have run out of ideas and options and may have to be defeated by Silverlight and amazon combined. I cant understand why its ok everywhere else to use Flash though.

londoner14

Apr 17, 2014
According to this http://www.teleread.com/android/watching-amazon-instant-video-on-android-kitkat-devices/ you just scroll down on the page and tell it to use Flash instead....
Sadly that is only true if you are not in the uk or germany. It is not there when I go to Amazon in UK. Amazon have said that you cant use Flash on the amazon.co.uk website only silverlight.
Im hoping they change this bizarre exception or some genius out there cones up with a work around.

thefoodman52

Aug 16, 2010
FYI, the download link for the hacked flash player is broken, and I can't find another link to go with right now. Please put it sun some where Google can't take it down.

Reactions: rrr

yosscal

Jan 29, 2009
Last edited:

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
Sadly that is only true if you are not in the uk or germany. It is not there when I go to Amazon in UK. Amazon have said that you cant use Flash on the amazon.co.uk website only silverlight.
Im hoping they change this bizarre exception or some genius out there cones up with a work around.

My apologies, if I had bothered to pay attention to your nick I would have made the connection that you are not US based lol.

(sometimes it's the little things)....

Reactions: londoner14

cookiiee94

Jan 5, 2012
Google won't let me download

Google drive says I cannot download the file because it is in violation of Google's privacy policy. Can anyone help with this? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Apologies, I managed to download the apk, but since then, any time I open a Web page with a flash video or anything else that may use flash, dolphin force closes. Quite disappointed with it. Does anyone have a solution? I have a Samsung galaxy s4 gt-i9505. Thanks

Last edited:

purple lady

Mar 12, 2011

I'm in the US, but I just saw a place to change the preferences to use Flash instead of Silverlight. Go to My Account then go to Amazon Instant Video Settings under Digital Management. You can change Web Player Preferences there. Maybe it will be there for UK customers?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the new Nexus 5 and found that flash video playing is totally incompatible with the Android 4.4 Kitkat, no t in Dolphin, not in Firefox and other browsers. This is too bad and I can't imagine it just happened.:mad::mad::mad:

I digged into the code since then and found that some critical APIs have been removed from Android 4.4 that flash uses. DAMN IT!

open failed: cannot locate symbol"_ZN7android10Vectorlmpl19reservedVectorlmpl6Ev" referenced by "libflashplayer.so:..

After several days of coding, I finally found a way out with a hacked flash player. Being so excited and i can't wait wo share it. Here is the guide about how to install the hacked one and how to play flash content in the sites in Dolphin Browser.

1) Download Dolphin Browser

Surprised, Dolphin just push a 10.2.0 update version to me and I found Dolphin Jetpack was built-in. This means you don't have to install 2 separate APK now. Cheers!!

Here is the Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser

Warning: [/B]You must have Dolphin Jetpack on in the settings to enjoy it. As far as I have noticed, Dolphin Jetpack better solves the compatibility with flash player, such as crash issue & freeze issue in full screen.

2) Download the hacked flash player HERE

Warning: Make sure that you have uninstall the flash player installed in your device and then install the hacked one for compatibility reason.

If your devices refused to install apk outside Google Play, you may set in your device (Settings> Securities> Unknown resources) to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.

3) Make sure that the flash setting in Dolphin Browser (Click Menu>Settings>Web Content>Flash Player) is on.

Flash Player is not officially supported and therefore the speed of loading of flash video may be slow. However, I have tried many sites such as YouTube and Hulu. They all work properly with satisfactory results.:cool:

Great thanks to @techfanatic9 for recording the video about How to Install Flash Player on Any Android KitKat Phone!

Here is the Video.
    Adobe Hacked for KitKat & Lollipop

update, it works flawlessly on 4.4.3 !

I'm attaching the file for other users.

update 2
    works on 4.4.4

go to this website using dolphin to see if your flash is working flawlessly

http://www.codegeek.net/flash-version.php

Update 3 :

Flash on Lollipop.
    Even works flawlessly with 5.1 dolphin

www.phonearena.com/news/Here-is-how-to-enable-Adobe-Flash-support-in-Android-5.0-Lollipop_id63066
    FYI, the download link for the hacked flash player is broken, and I can't find another link to go with right now. Please put it sun some where Google can't take it down.

Can someone PM me the flash apk?

Looks like Google have removed the file

Thanks

Here ;)
    By the way, downloading the hacked version of the hacked flash player from the site above is blocked by Google. Here it is.
    Adobe hacked Flash player new and correct link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkp1cmzamkk8nem/0B1qjrD8ZER9ITmlVNW1EVWM5YlE.apk

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app