FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Carbon 4.4.2

19th April 2014, 10:34 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello:

Is it possible to install Carbon 4.4.2 with only playStore of Gapps?

Thanks
 
 
19th April 2014, 10:39 AM |#2  
GXGOW's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag /storage/sdcard1/Europe/Belgium/East-Flanders/Hamme
Thanks Meter: 221
 
More
Of course, download the Aroma Gapps installer from Novafusion.pl, flash it after you've flashed Carbon and select only Google Play Store.

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running Novafusion's Carbon 4.4.2
19th April 2014, 11:34 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Play Store
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXGOW

Of course, download the Aroma Gapps installer from Novafusion.pl, flash it after you've flashed Carbon and select only Google Play Store.

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running Novafusion's Carbon 4.4.2

Thanks:

I'll try again. I installed gapps with aroma, but didn't see option to install play store only, and installed rest of google apps. I want do it, to check battery consumption with basic apps.

Regards
19th April 2014, 11:39 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Harare
Thanks Meter: 255
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan32

Thanks:

I'll try again. I installed gapps with aroma, but didn't see option to install play store only, and installed rest of google apps. I want do it, to check battery consumption with basic apps.

Regards

why not just grab the play store apk and install it that way?
why go through all the effort of finding the right aroma install?
19th April 2014, 11:40 AM |#5  
GXGOW's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag /storage/sdcard1/Europe/Belgium/East-Flanders/Hamme
Thanks Meter: 221
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efaustino84

why not just grab the play store apk and install it that way?
why go through all the effort of finding the right aroma install?

Well that's also a good solution :P

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running Novafusion's Carbon 4.4.2
19th April 2014, 12:11 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
PalyStore apk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXGOW

Well that's also a good solution :P

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running Novafusion's Carbon 4.4.2

I tried to install "com.android.vending-4.6.16.apk" after installing carbón 442; the playStore icon appears but doesn't work.
19th April 2014, 01:08 PM |#7  
GXGOW's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag /storage/sdcard1/Europe/Belgium/East-Flanders/Hamme
Thanks Meter: 221
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan32

I tried to install "com.android.vending-4.6.16.apk" after installing carbón 442; the playStore icon appears but doesn't work.

Oh yeah, probably because the core stuff like Google acounts are missing in the system. They are normally installed with the Aroma installer from Novafusion.pl. Google Play will automatically be installed, no matter what you tick off.

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running Novafusion's Carbon 4.4.2
Last edited by GXGOW; 28th April 2014 at 05:48 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes