Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need some advice please

Tip us?

arknailed7754
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 389
Default Need some advice please

Hi my htc one has gone into meltdown.
Whilst clearing it all of,ive wiped the os off. now all ive got is twrp,i cant mount it with this recovery to get a rom back on..
Can i install cwm..? will that mount the sd card still? via fastboot for the mount function

or will this work?
http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-tutori...mount-and-adb/

are there any other options to get a rom back on there, bit worried to be honest!
By the way the thanks button is there for a reason,shame they dont have a 'jog on' button either

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 968

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arknailed7754 View Post
Hi my htc one has gone into meltdown.
Whilst clearing it all of,ive wiped the os off. now all ive got is twrp,i cant mount it with this recovery to get a rom back on..
Can i install cwm..? will that mount the sd card still? via fastboot for the mount function

or will this work?
http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-tutori...mount-and-adb/

are there any other options to get a rom back on there, bit worried to be honest!
Sideload / Push

TWRP / Advanced / Sideload
From PC adb /fastboot folder
you use
adb sideload yourRpom.zip

or

adb push nameofrom.zip /sdcard/

just make sure the rom is in the same folder as adb / fastboot
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

ckpv5
Old
(Last edited by ckpv5; 19th April 2014 at 12:40 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,846

DONATE TO ME
Just curious, why people always talking about side-load a ROM.zip when they can install a ROM.zip with an OTG cable connected ? Is it the TWRP OTG not working ? Sorry for asking, just curious.

arknailed7754
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 389
Default _

I'll give it a try when back home. If that doesn't work is there a back up plan to that ?
By the way the thanks button is there for a reason,shame they dont have a 'jog on' button either

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 968

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5 View Post
Just curious, why people always talking about side-load a ROM.zip when they can install a ROM.zip with an OTG cable connected ? Is it the TWRP OTG not working ? Sorry for asking, just curious.
TWRP OTG works great ... few people have them is the problem
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bored_stupid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:

Quote:
Not everyone has a OTG cable, so it's easier to assume they haven't and post a solution that's appropriate to their needs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bored_stupid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arknailed7754
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 389
Default _

I'll give it a try when back home. If that doesn't work is there a back up plan to that ? I read somewhere an error might happen lie device not found..is there a solution to that guys also?