Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung GS4 VZW Rom Flashing

Tip us?

marinegundoctor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Samsung GS4 VZW Rom Flashing

Hi, I'm new to Samsung devices and just got an S4 (coming from a Droid Bionic). It's the Verizon one (i545) on MK2 baseband. Do I need to use Safestrap or should I go with unlocking the bootloader via loki? I've tried flashing CM11 (cm-11-20140313-NIGHTLY-jflte) and CarbonRom (CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140316-0428-jflte) with Safestrap 3.71 with no success. The phone boots into an endless black screen after the Safestrap logo.
I would appreciate any help on this or a link to what I need to do. My Internet searching has come up with either little or confusing information.
Thanks!

marinegundoctor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I believe I finally found the correct information. I'll leave this post here to help others find the information as well. If its too redundant then maybe a moderator will delete it.
As far as I can tell there is a of yet no method to unlock an MK2 bootloader so I'll have to stick with safestrap.
I had Cyanogen on my Safestrapped Bionic and Carbon too. I guess they're no longer safestrap compatible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Chadwick108
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default safestrap

Safestrap users are still having to use Touchwiz Based Roms, CM11 are based and AOSP and will not work with Safestrap.
Currently using RLS17.1 and Latest Safestrap version 3.72 on NC2 Bootloader in STOCK
Razr maxx also supporting hashcode running Safestraped and CM11 using as IP cam