FORUMS

[Q] Clean slate? - SOLVED

773 posts
Thanks Meter: 335

By charliebigpot, Senior Member on 20th February 2014, 07:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Ok, this might sound like a noob question but before deleting any files on the internal storage I want to make sure to not delete the wrong ones
I flash roms almost on a weekly basis, try tons of apps which all leave files on my internal storage so now when I look at it I see lots of garbage that I'm pretty sure I can delete - so here is my question:
When flashing a new rom I wipe data and cache and after that can I safely delete every folder on the internal storage? I guess that the only ones that I should keep are:
- clockworkmod
- data
- DCIM
- android

Or is there a way to wipe the phone without losing root? (I just don't want to go through the hassle of rooting again..)

Thanks
Last edited by charliebigpot; 20th February 2014 at 08:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliebigpot For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th February 2014, 08:56 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 335

More
Seek and you shall find.

Simply go into Mounts and Storage in the Recovery menu and select "format /data and /data/media (/sdcard)" - that does the trick. It deletes everything on the internal memory but leaves the external SD card untouched --> success!

Use with caution though: before this always do a nandroid backup to the external SD and above all don't do all of this if you are not sure about what you are doing
Last edited by charliebigpot; 20th February 2014 at 09:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliebigpot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 01:43 PM |#3  
Flag athens
Thanks Meter: 8

More
i usually

i) wipe data/factory reset
ii) wipe dalvik cache
iii) format /system

And always after this there are so many unused and uneccesary directories & files left in my internal sd card.
So you propose that after also runningformat /data and /data/media (/sdcard) everything in internal sdcard is deleted?

the thing is that most probably i have the ROM file and gapps etc in internal sdcard in order to flash the phone.if i run this and if i understood correctly that it deletes everything, then it will also delete those ROM files right?

so please clarify this if you can or propose the best way i guess other aditional steps (that im missing out) in order to have the cleanest possible phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)