XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to install CWM or TWRP on Note 3 after 4.4.2 update

Tip us?

skoobz
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Clear out all your ODIN caches etc, delete all files and keep 1.85.

Flash this (only working recovery on 4.4.2) via PDA in ODIN, If it doesn't reboot auto after saying PASS or RESET.. just turn phone off, reboot into recovery and it'll be fine.

EDIT: Just re-read, Re flash your Stock 4.4.2 (Use XEO not the leaked one!) and then start again
Thanks!!
Nokia 6160|Sanyo 5150|Sanyo 5300|Sanyo 6400|Sanyo 8100|Samsung A800|Samsung A900|Moto Q|Palm 700w|Moto RAZR|htc Diamond|htc Touch Pro|BlackBerry Curve|Nokia E71x|Palm Pre|htc TP 2|BlackBerry Torch|htc EVO 4g|htc EVO LTE|Samsung Note2|Note3

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid8907 View Post
Thanks!

Maybe a little off topic, but is there a way to install CM11 on Stock 4.4.2 on the Note 3?

I've been reading Samsung is out with a new bootloader so there is no way round this?
You may have to do a little reading but I believe CM11 is now working on the KK bootloader...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

jp.26
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
So I've been running a rooted Note 3 for a while. When the Note 3 Kitkat update came out, I updated it via Odin as OTA update was not available since I was rooted.

All the posts I read had mentioned that updating to 4.4.2 from 4.3 would erase all my data but after updating via odin all my data was in place. I had only lost root which I rooted again though CF Auto Root.

The problem now is that when I try to install CWM (via Odin) or TWRP (via Goo or Odin), it goes through the installation but then the phone goes into a boot loop of sorts..It's NOT the normal boot loop which gets stuck on the Samsung logo.

What happens is that the phone vibrates twice (with a 1 sec interval in between), then the Samsung Note 3 N-9005 screen appears with "Booting Recovery..." on the top left and within a sec it goes blank and then back to 2 vibrates and the screen come on to show Samsung Note 3 N-9005.

The only way I found to fix this was a battery pull and then turning on the device holding the power, home and down vol key to boot into recovery and then flashing CF Auto Root again.

I don't know why am I not able to install any of these recoveries. I've made sure I try to install the latest versions of them which are Kitkat compatible.

Anyone else with this problem or a solution?

Can a Cache and data wipe fix this? But the problem again being I won't be able to backup my ROM since i can't get these recoveries to install!
here's the link for twrp for ya'll http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=398
The Following User Says Thank You to jp.26 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

diamondprincessxoo
Old
(Last edited by diamondprincessxoo; 20th March 2014 at 04:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So I've been running a rooted Note 3 for a while. When the Note 3 Kitkat update came out, I updated it via Odin as OTA update was not available since I was rooted.

All the posts I read had mentioned that updating to 4.4.2 from 4.3 would erase all my data but after updating via odin all my data was in place. I had only lost root which I rooted again though CF Auto Root.

The problem now is that when I try to install CWM (via Odin) or TWRP (via Goo or Odin), it goes through the installation but then the phone goes into a boot loop of sorts..It's NOT the normal boot loop which gets stuck on the Samsung logo.

What happens is that the phone vibrates twice (with a 1 sec interval in between), then the Samsung Note 3 N-9005 screen appears with "Booting Recovery..." on the top left and within a sec it goes blank and then back to 2 vibrates and the screen come on to show Samsung Note 3 N-9005.

The only way I found to fix this was a battery pull and then turning on the device holding the power, home and down vol key to boot into recovery and then flashing CF Auto Root again.

I don't know why am I not able to install any of these recoveries. I've made sure I try to install the latest versions of them which are Kitkat compatible.

Anyone else with this problem or a solution?

Can a Cache and data wipe fix this? But the problem again being I won't be able to backup my ROM since i can't get these recoveries to install!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp.26 View Post
so.... yeah i just updated my bootloader to 4.4.2 and this drove me literally insane. ive been working on it for 4 hours now. i encountered so many problems with installing the bootloader. exact same problem as SID8907. i gotta tell you tho.... you worked some magic my friend. i tried almost everything. then i came across your link. i was like why not? so i flashed the img in odin..... anddddd :drumroll pleaseeeeee:: IT WORKED. ahhh....... so much frustration and the problem is solved!!! thank you so much JP.26
CURRENT DEVICE:

GALAXY NOTE 3 (SG-N900T) & GALAXY GEAR (BLACK) -------> YEAR 2014

RETIRED DEVICES:
  • Galaxy Note II
  • Galaxy S III
  • Galaxy S II (E4GT)
  • Galaxy S I (Epic 4G)
  • iPhone 4s 64GB ... a true regret
  • Boost Mobile Blackberry Curve 8520
  • HTC EVO 4G
  • HTC HERO
  • Blackberry Curve
  • Palm Centro
  • LG Rumor
  • Katana LX Flip -------> YEAR 2008

If I have helped you, Please Press the " Thanks " Button !!

fizzlemcdizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
is there any word on how to fix this been looking for hours tmobile note beast dont want to put any roots down on my phone before i find a way to flash cm or a non bloated note rom would be nice.

fizzlemcdizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'll that I've managed is to root and flash twrp I found a way to turn cwm recovery into a tar file and flash through odin. But i just get into a boot loop with cwm due to the boot loader I presume but tarp works fine I just can't flash cm11. I get boot loop every time

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nycdave
Old
Thanks Meter 10
im sorry but im confused here... does this all simply mean that there is not yet a working cwm for 4.4.2 yet? and that while we can root, there is no working recovery for this version?

fizzlemcdizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not sure myself tarp works but I can't flash cm11

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

fizzlemcdizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phillz cwm Dev edition I think that's the name works its a themed touch cwm. This works great but still can't flash cm so gayyyy

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Benny Bosser
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I was wondering what happened to the cmw too.

The modded cmw by Chenglu is the only one working that I know of.
Link to thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454079