Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 40,380 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update to KK OTA - Problem

Tip us?

yval8957
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Update to KK OTA - Problem

I could sure use some help in this one. Not exactly sure what to do. My phone was running Android 4.2.2 rooted with TWRP (2.6.3.3). I saw that the OTA update for Android 4.4.2 was available so I went ahead and downloaded it. Once I tried to install it it rebooted into recovery. I tried rebooting the system, but it takes me back to recovery. It won't do anything else. I tried getting into download mode, but it won't do it either. Someone mentioned that it may be wiped, but the memory on the phone still shows all the files in there. Not sure what went wrong. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks.

blondebro7
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just flash back to an old nandroid for now. You might have to be unrooted or use voodoo root keeper while you update. Idk tho I am just reading up on it now. Were you just rooted on a stock ROM? Or using xposed?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eskjc
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You shouldn't take ota if you have a custom recovery installed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to eskjc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JRJ442
Old
(Last edited by JRJ442; 19th April 2014 at 03:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,155

DONATE TO ME
👆Exactly. You're not supposed to take OTAs with custom recoveries installed. That's the problem. You can try this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696 It worked on JB but I haven't seen anyone try it on KK yet. I'm assuming it should still work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JRJ442 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dinkey33bw
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Follow this, it worked for me. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dinkey33bw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ubiquitous26
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default 55699422

Just go back using the TOT method in the main Q &A thread
The Following User Says Thank You to ubiquitous26 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TEXASMADE1978
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ442 View Post
👆Exactly. You're not supposed to take OTAs with custom recoveries installed. That's the problem. You can try this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696 It worked on JB but I haven't seen anyone try it on KK yet. I'm assuming it should still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkey33bw View Post
Go to the the thread that these guys linked, I had the same exact thing happen on the 12B update. The linked method will work

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
TEXASMADE1978
Running Task's Beastly AOKP On My GS2 & GS3/ Verizon LG G2 Stock & Rooted (ATM)
The Following User Says Thank You to TEXASMADE1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yval8957
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASMADE1978 View Post
Go to the the thread that these guys linked, I had the same exact thing happen on the 12B update. The linked method will work

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It worked beautifully. Back to a working phone. Thank you guys for your help.

tacosrdelicioso
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by yval8957 View Post
It worked beautifully. Back to a working phone. Thank you guys for your help.
Right? Why tot your phone when you don't have to!!!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk