Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more
Post Reply

Nexus 5 not pushing notifications

OP CarbonWyre

17th April 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #1  
CarbonWyre's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 37
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
I managed to get the Galaxy gear 2 to pair with my Nexus 5, but none of the notifications are pushing from my phone to the Gear, any advice?
17th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #2  
henklbr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 237
 
682 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonWyre

I managed to get the Galaxy gear 2 to pair with my Nexus 5, but none of the notifications are pushing from my phone to the Gear, any advice?

What answer do you want here?

1. Your phone is NOT supported
2. Get a supported SAMSUNG phone
The Following User Says Thank You to henklbr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Have you enable notifications in security settings on phone ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
17th April 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle1974

Have you enable notifications in security settings on phone ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

This. I had enabled everything except notification access for ATN Manager in settings.

Go to Settings > Security > Notification Access and check the box beside ATN manager.

On a side note, does anyone have a way to get apps made for Gear 2 Neo on Samsung Apps store on Nexus 5? These default apps are okay but dont really do much in long term use.
17th April 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #5  
CarbonWyre's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 37
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksking

This. I had enabled everything except notification access for ATN Manager in settings.

Go to Settings > Security > Notification Access and check the box beside ATN manager.

On a side note, does anyone have a way to get apps made for Gear 2 Neo on Samsung Apps store on Nexus 5? These default apps are okay but dont really do much in long term use.

I just installed ATN manager and turned on the permission to access notifications and I see no change. I have Galaxy Gear and ATNManager allowed in the Notification settings. I have gone through and check marked all of the programs I want notifications from.
17th April 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonWyre

I just installed ATN manager and turned on the permission to access notifications and I see no change. I have Galaxy Gear and ATNManager allowed in the Notification settings. I have gone through and check marked all of the programs I want notifications from.

In Gear Manager go to Notification and uncheck "Limit notification" and "Keep screen off" but do enable "Preview message"

There should be a section in there called "1) Instant alerts for Gear)" you should see "incoming call" underneath it - enable it.

After this, there should be another section underneath the first one "1)Notification for Gear apps", you will see ATN Manager in it - enable that. and below all of this should be "9) More notification". Select apps you want notifications from, for texting I use a third party app called EvolveSMS so therefore I had to enable notification for that app instead of Hangouts.

Good luck!
19th April 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #7  
CarbonWyre's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 37
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksking

In Gear Manager go to Notification and uncheck "Limit notification" and "Keep screen off" but do enable "Preview message"

There should be a section in there called "1) Instant alerts for Gear)" you should see "incoming call" underneath it - enable it.

After this, there should be another section underneath the first one "1)Notification for Gear apps", you will see ATN Manager in it - enable that. and below all of this should be "9) More notification". Select apps you want notifications from, for texting I use a third party app called EvolveSMS so therefore I had to enable notification for that app instead of Hangouts.

Good luck!

For "Notification for Gear apps" there is nothing there. But once I tapped on "More Notifications" it gave me a TOS prompt and once I agreed to it then it started working. I'm currently having other issues with ATN manager but I will open a new thread for that.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes