5,605,373 Members 41,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 {t0lteatt} (04/13/14)

Tip us?

GreatSudoku
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewys View Post
Do you actually have files over 4GB that you need?
Why not format to fat32 with GUIformat.?
I formated my 64GB card to FAT32 a couple of months ago and have not looked back.
I do, I download and have files over 4gb. Reformatting is also a pain, especially when other 4.4.2 ROMs read my 64gb s card just fine. This was the dealbreaker for me with DU that sent me back to Remix. I've never been a fan of the.Devil kernel, but I do like the AGNi kernel. I might try using that to see if it fixes the issue should I feel like tinkering with my DU nandroid backup at some point
Samsung Galaxy Note II ~ PhilZ Recovery ~ SOKP ROM 4/17/2014 build ~ XPosed Framework 2.5.1 ~ Apex Launcher

GreatSudoku
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSudoku View Post
I do, I download and have files over 4gb. Reformatting is also a pain, especially when other 4.4.2 ROMs read my 64gb s card just fine. This was the dealbreaker for me with DU that sent me back to Remix. I've never been a fan of the.Devil kernel, but I do like the AGNi kernel. I might try using that to see if it fixes the issue should I feel like tinkering with my DU nandroid backup at some point
Flashing the AGNi kernel does not fix the issue of DU's inability to read exFat SD cards. I just tried it, and nada, sadly.
Samsung Galaxy Note II ~ PhilZ Recovery ~ SOKP ROM 4/17/2014 build ~ XPosed Framework 2.5.1 ~ Apex Launcher

frewys
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSudoku View Post
Flashing the AGNi kernel does not fix the issue of DU's inability to read exFat SD cards. I just tried it, and nada, sadly.
That is a shame.
That was actually my other suggestion to flash Agni . I saw something about NTFS (my favorite fs) support of you wanted to try that.
Other wise I'm out of ideas for now.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

>Magician> Wizard> Hermes> Diamond> Blackstone> Iphone 3GS> Nexus one> Galaxy S> Nexus S>GT-I9100>SGH-I747>SGH-i317>>Nexus5>>
ROM: Beanstalk

Link to format you 64GB+ SDcard to FAT32 with no more compatibility issues! But limit file size to 4GB (Usually not a problem) All at your own risk. Remember to backup before!!

If I help you in any way don't be afraid to use the thanks button.

StaticMaal
Old
Thanks Meter 334
I just installed this and I'm having problems with all the messaging apps force closing. I have searched but I can't find an answer. Do anybody have an idea on how to fix it?

jbeef86
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticMaal View Post
I just installed this and I'm having problems with all the messaging apps force closing. I have searched but I can't find an answer. Do anybody have an idea on how to fix it?
Need more info man. Is it closing right when you start the app or when you try to send a text? Did you dirty flash or clean? I was getting a ton of fc's with the Google Apps coming from a clean install. So I downloaded another gapps and did another clean install all was good after. You may want to try that. Not that another gapps would help your issue but another install try may.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

StaticMaal
Old
(Last edited by StaticMaal; 19th April 2014 at 06:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeef86 View Post
Need more info man. Is it closing right when you start the app or when you try to send a text? Did you dirty flash or clean? I was getting a ton of fc's with the Google Apps coming from a clean install. So I downloaded another gapps and did another clean install all was good after. You may want to try that. Not that another gapps would help your issue but another install try may.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
As soon as I open any messaging app it FCs. Yeah I tried wiping and using another set of gapps but none didn't work. I'm trying another KitKat and seeing what's going to happen.
EDIT: It's going on with all the 4.4 roms.

Kreateablaze
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticMaal View Post
As soon as I open any messaging app it FCs. Yeah I tried wiping and using another set of gapps but none didn't work. I'm trying another KitKat and seeing what's going to happen.
EDIT: It's going on with all the 4.4 roms.
I have never experienced this issue on any of the 4.4.2 roms on my note 2.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Kreateablaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bionik_kaos
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Hi guys I'm new to note 2 i317 but been flashoholic for some times now and I love this built but launcher keeps being choppy and lagy ... when I flash it's always clean and factory reset as usual .... any setting mod or kernel will fix that ??? ...... thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app