5,600,053 Members 43,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[JB 4.3] [T889UVUCMK7]Stock Rooted/Debloated/Knox-free with (4.1.2)TMBBMD1 Bootloader

Tip us?

ciphercodes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLongJustice View Post
Can I use this with an AT&T Note 2? Thanks!
No, Sorry. The tar.md5 includes the modem for SGH-T889 and flashing this ROM will mess your IMEI.

charronegro1971
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes View Post
Did you already the method listed in this post ? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...00&postcount=5
You can also try to add the SNote widget and then try to open a new note. It just takes few workarounds but eventually it works.
i actually tried that first and all seemed to work....until i would reboot then when i would remove the s pen, s notes would pop up for a split second then the error message would appear. i've spent the good part of an entire night trying different methods to get it working but ultimately i had to reflash the rom i was using earlier. your rom is really good, don't get me wrong....i just make regular use of s notes and w/o that functionality, i had to go w/ what works. good job on the rom. is very snappy.

drdoombot
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Dammit, I made a major boo-boo... I flashed a zip without making a Nandroid backup first!

I flashed WifiTethering.zip from the SWARMRom thread per the instructions from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2694714

Unfortunately, I lost Wifi and don't want to switch to Devil Kernel to get it back; this ROM plus stock kernel is the smoothest 4.3 experience I've had and I've tried nearly all of them. I tried flashing Dr. Ketan's Wifi patch through Odin but wifi didn't come back.

If I flash the ROM from OP through Odin, will I lose all my settings? Is there anything else I can do to put Wifi back the way it was without having to redo everything again?

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdoombot View Post
Dammit, I made a major boo-boo... I flashed a zip without making a Nandroid backup first!

I flashed WifiTethering.zip from the SWARMRom thread per the instructions from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2694714

Unfortunately, I lost Wifi and don't want to switch to Devil Kernel to get it back; this ROM plus stock kernel is the smoothest 4.3 experience I've had and I've tried nearly all of them. I tried flashing Dr. Ketan's Wifi patch through Odin but wifi didn't come back.

If I flash the ROM from OP through Odin, will I lose all my settings? Is there anything else I can do to put Wifi back the way it was without having to redo everything again?
You might try wiping cache and dalvik then flashing your ROM over your existing install. Then the Wi-Fi zip file

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

ciphercodes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
All your settings are stored in /data partition. If you do not wipe data and flash this via pc odin you should be good.

I would advice wiping dalvik-cache.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Baenwort
Old
Thanks Meter 6
So, I reflashed this via PC Oden v3.07 after clearing the Cache and after reboot I cleared the cache again.

I then went to the SuperSU app to configure things and it prompted me that I needed to update the Binary. I selected normal and it just keeps waiting at the "installing, please wait..." prompt.

Root seems to be granted as triangle away works to reset my flash counter and does not give any error prompts when accessing triangle away.

I recall someone else having this issue but I can't seem to find the post. Would anyone happen to recall the solution?

ciphercodes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
I think this has something to do with triangle away, do you have the "System Modified Workaround" option enabled ? That option disables the SuperSu f9r sometime afyet the reboot.

I noticed these issues too after using triangle away and rebooting the phone has worked for me.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

drmyndbender
Old
Thanks Meter 4
So i installed this ROM an hour ago and everything seems to be working great! no wi-fi issues or anything else! just wanted to say thanks! I have been wanting to update to 4.3 for a while but ive been looking for the right ROM.great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to drmyndbender For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.3 sgh-t889 stock rooted. knox-free