5,598,820 Members 32,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unbrick lg optimus l3 using kdz updater

Tip us?

george brown
Old
(Last edited by george brown; Yesterday at 03:16 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Unbrick lg optimus l3 using kdz updater

To Anyone of who gets problem to unbrick your LG Optimus L3 e400
It Really works for me.

1. Download and Install USB driver for Lg phone which is LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.1 0.1 or later from LG website.
2.Download directly MSXML 4.0 SP3. from Microsoft and install.
3.Download KDZ Updater here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xo...DZ+UPDATER.rar
4. Download KDZ file according to your country or any compatible KDZ file. Download here: http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=11For Philippines there are two choices, I think V10J might work for your phone.

How to use KDZ:
1. Detach your external SD from your phone.
2. Remove your phone battery and wait for a few seconds.
3. Put your battery back to the phone.
4. Press volume - and + (in the middle of volume button) and power button at the same time.
5. wait till the phone screen turns to yellow (emergency mode).
6. Connect your phone to PC by using USB cable (your LG cable).
7. Run KDZ Updater as administrator.
8. Choose the following options in KDZ Updater: Type: 3GQCT - Phone Mode: DIAG and browse KDZ file is the one you downloaded browse where you put this file and then select.
9. Click on “Launch Software Update”
10.If everything goes well, you will see “Finished” on KDZ Updater screen. If something wrong usually because of the wrong download of KDZ file. You'll see the opening screen on your phone.

I hope this can unbrik your LG L3 phone. Good Luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george brown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AfonsoADR
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Hi, im a l5 user but the process, im new with this device, but if i flash a rom by kdz i'll need do root,install cwm, and unlock bootloader again?
Device : LG Optimus L5(E612).
Rom : Pure AOSP KitKat 4.4.2(like nexus 5)
I helped you with something? you no need tell me nothing just press "thanks".

"YOU DO NOT LIKE SOMETHING ? JUST MAKE BETTER!"
The Following User Says Thank You to AfonsoADR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

george brown
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfonsoADR View Post
Hi, im a l5 user but the process, im new with this device, but if i flash a rom by kdz i'll need do root,install cwm, and unlock bootloader again?
Yes, You do need to root and install cwm again.

george brown
Old
(Last edited by george brown; 29th December 2013 at 07:06 AM.) Reason: adding link
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonsoadr View Post
hi, im a l5 user but the process, im new with this device, but if i flash a rom by kdz i'll need do root,install cwm, and unlock bootloader again?
yes. You do need to root and reinstall cwm because it's very safe. But if you install with LGE400_V10s_rooted_deodexed_zipalignedyour phone will be rooted after installing it with KDZ Updater.
Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ms...zipaligned.zip

mr_techno
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I have 4.0.4 ICS (cm9) on my LG L3 (e400), I tried to flash to stock since official 4.4 (kitkat) is coming soon but it does nothing, just reboots normally after flashing (no errors reported with kdz flasher) with my wallpaper and everything, and it says that my battery is charging but it's not connected to charger or computer. Any ideas?

konjkonjkonj
Old
(Last edited by konjkonjkonj; 25th March 2014 at 02:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I did everything from the guide, step by step, and I'm stuck on this error: Upgrade Error: Wparam: 100 LParam :1010

I especially looked ower firmware, and I'm positive that I downloaded the right one.

I tried several times, and every time I get this error. Also, phone now boots to Emergency mode, and can't boot to something else.

Don't know what to do? Anyone help?

mr_techno
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Just reinstall driver, reboot pc after instalation and run kdz as admin.

Sent from my LG-E400 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

george brown
Old
(Last edited by george brown; Yesterday at 03:18 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by konjkonjkonj View Post
I did everything from the guide, step by step, and I'm stuck on this error: Upgrade Error: Wparam: 100 LParam :1010

I especially looked ower firmware, and I'm positive that I downloaded the right one.

I tried several times, and every time I get this error. Also, phone now boots to Emergency mode, and can't boot to something else.

Don't know what to do? Anyone help?
You can only enter emergency mode because you haven't finished installing_KDZ. If I were you I would try download and install another KDZ file.
It will only work when you get the right KDZ file for your. Don't worry to try another KDZ file.
Try another KDZ updater,

Unable antivirus and firewall.

Keep on trying. I hope these will unbridled your phone.

Sent from my LG-P705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app